- Create a subtitle by clicking on Title menu
- Select a title template (footer 1 for example), then change the text, then click save
- It'll show under "Show All" or "Image" (Under project files).
- Drag it (the thumbnail of the new title) onto a track on timeline.
- Adjust location by drag it along the track. Or drag its start/end to adjust its start/end time.
- Repeat above steps for more subtitles/captions.
Most of the time, I would want 2 lines of text to show for subtitles.
So I looked up how to create template for title and it's easy enough. All I had to do was create an .svg file and put it in
my user's .openshot-qt/title/ folder and when I go to select title template, it's shown there.
So that's what I did, plus I wanted to draw a rectangle at bottom screen for the text to stand out on top too so I did that.
You can download my .svg title templates below if you wish (so that you can easily use them too).