General Information: Please read before using Script!!
1. This script runs steps 8-13 of Conbagui’s tutorial. You need to have layerfx.py copied to your gimp's plug-ins folder. DO NOT USE LAYERFX 2.8 OR LAYERFX.SCM as it will not work.
2. To run this script with defaults of Conbagui, you must copy Conbagui's "mossy bark texture gray.jpg", "Mossy bark texture.jpg" and “Blurred Forest Background” into your gimp's pattern folder.
3. Copy this script into your gimp's scripts folder. It will be available under Script-Fu -> Alpha-to-Logo -> Tree bark.
4. Before running Tree_bark.scm, either select the Layer with your artwork or use Alpha to Selection.
5. Tree_bark.scm default textures are named, mossy bark texture gray.jpg & Mossy bark texture.jpg. Use them if going for the original tutorial designs. However, any patterns can be used for those two prompts (.jpg & .pat).
6. I will attach all the necessary files in a .zip folder including the Script so you will not have to hunt for them.
Using the Script:
1. Open up conbagui's Blurred Forest background.jpg, (or your own if doing another design). If in your patterns folder, just right click and choose open as image.
2. Make a new transparent layer, make text, and draw your artwork. If you must use more than one layer to do your art, remember to merge all art layers together (includes text layer) before running the script. 3. Highlight the new layer with artwork, and choose script-fu/Alpha-to-logo/Tree bark. Options you can change are shown (defaults should be okay). 4. Click OK and let the script run and you'll get tree bark effect.
Remember!! You can use other Art work, patterns and backgrounds to make other images. Insert the patterns using the “Browse” to choose the desired ones. The center image is the Art work
.ZIP file contains:
1. Blurred Forest background.jpg
2. mossy bark texture gray.jpg
3. Mossy bark texture.jpg
6. Conbagui’s Original Tree Bark Tutorial
7. PDF of this tutorial
8. Tree font for Conbagui’s Tutorial