It is currently 01 Jun 2020, 05:27

• Featuring Members' Works (Image Attachments) •
1: member
2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

DIEGO Transfer Colours Plug-in for GIMP 2.10

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: DIEGO Transfer Colours Plug-in for GIMP 2.10

Post#11 by Krikor » 02 May 2019, 01:40


tim wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 20:37
[*]Run Plug-in (Diego/Colours/TransferColours), select Source image, then OK to run Plug-in.
Hi Tim,
I downloaded version 1.11 of the DIEGO_COLOURS_TransferColours plugin, but this script does not appear in the menus.
I tried using Help - Plug- in Browser but neither does this plugin appear.
I tried with versions 2.10.11 and 2.10.1 of Portable Samj, and in both the plugin does not appear in our Menu.

What could be wrong? Thx!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston
0

tim
GL Blogger

Post#12 by tim » 02 May 2019, 01:50


Not sure what else it might be since I tested 1.11 on Windows.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.
         
0

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#13 by Pat625 » 02 May 2019, 01:53


I always liked this script! Thank you again Dinasset for writing it and Tin for fixing it for 2.10.
Transfer of Colors.jpg
Transfer of Colors.jpg (40.37 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
0

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#14 by Krikor » 02 May 2019, 03:31


Tim, with the information below, would you be able to figure out why the script doesn't work and display error windows?

Maybe it's something related to Samj's version.
Thank you Tim.

gimpfu.py Line 740
Spoiler:

def response(dlg, id): (Line 726)
if id == gtk.RESPONSE_OK:
dlg.set_response_sensitive(gtk.RESPONSE_OK, False)
dlg.set_response_sensitive(gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL, False)

params = []

try:
for wid in edit_wids:
params.append(wid.get_value())
except EntryValueError:
warning_dialog(dialog, _("Invalid input for '%s'") % wid.desc)
else:
try:
dialog.res = run_script(params) (Line 740)<<------
except CancelError:
pass
except Exception:
dlg.set_response_sensitive(gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL, True)
error_dialog(dialog, proc_name)
raise

gtk.main_quit()

dialog.connect("response", response)

gimpfu.py Line 361

Code: Select all

    def run_script(run_params):
        params = start_params + tuple(run_params)
        _set_defaults(proc_name, params)
        return apply(function, params)   ------>>>***Line 361***<<<------

    params = params[len(start_params):]
Attachments
Calling error
Calling error
ErrorColorsTRansfer.jpg (42.02 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston
0

dinasset_1
Script Coder

Post#15 by dinasset_1 » 02 May 2019, 03:37


Krikor wrote:
02 May 2019, 01:40
tim wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 20:37
[*]Run Plug-in (Diego/Colours/TransferColours), select Source image, then OK to run Plug-in.
Hi Tim,
I downloaded version 1.11 of the DIEGO_COLOURS_TransferColours plugin, but this script does not appear in the menus.
I tried using Help - Plug- in Browser but neither does this plugin appear.
I tried with versions 2.10.11 and 2.10.1 of Portable Samj, and in both the plugin does not appear in our Menu.

What could be wrong? Thx!
Create a folder (I called it "Python Diego ex 2.8 mod" under my addons folder GimpEval-2.10-Win_MyAddons").
Place both my scripts amended by Tin in there.
Open Samj's portable Gimp 2.10.11.
Go to Edit/Preferences/Folders/Plug-ins.
Link your newly created folder (using the appropriate tools, look at the attachment).
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (59.92 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
Close and restart Gimp.
You will see the filter DIEGO_TransferColours appear under the Menu Diego/Colours.
Run it.
0

dinasset_1
Script Coder

Post#16 by dinasset_1 » 02 May 2019, 03:47


Krikor wrote:
02 May 2019, 03:31
Tim, with the information below, would you be able to figure out why the script doesn't work and display error windows?

Maybe it's something related to Samj's version.
Thank you Tim.

gimpfu.py Line 740
Spoiler:

def response(dlg, id): (Line 726)
if id == gtk.RESPONSE_OK:
dlg.set_response_sensitive(gtk.RESPONSE_OK, False)
dlg.set_response_sensitive(gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL, False)

params = []

try:
for wid in edit_wids:
params.append(wid.get_value())
except EntryValueError:
warning_dialog(dialog, _("Invalid input for '%s'") % wid.desc)
else:
try:
dialog.res = run_script(params) (Line 740)<<------
except CancelError:
pass
except Exception:
dlg.set_response_sensitive(gtk.RESPONSE_CANCEL, True)
error_dialog(dialog, proc_name)
raise

gtk.main_quit()

dialog.connect("response", response)

gimpfu.py Line 361

Code: Select all

    def run_script(run_params):
        params = start_params + tuple(run_params)
        _set_defaults(proc_name, params)
        return apply(function, params)   ------>>>***Line 361***<<<------

    params = params[len(start_params):]
The error says you did not place the used sub-function "Stretch..." needed.
0

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#17 by Krikor » 02 May 2019, 03:54


dinasset wrote:
02 May 2019, 03:37

Create a folder (I called it "Python Diego ex 2.8 mod" under my addons folder GimpEval-2.10-Win_MyAddons").
Place both my scripts amended by Tin in there.
Open Samj's portable Gimp 2.10.11.
Go to Edit/Preferences/Folders/Plug-ins.
Link your newly created folder (using the appropriate tools, look at the attachment).
Cattura.PNG
Close and restart Gimp.
You will see the filter DIEGO_TransferColours appear under the Menu Diego/Colours.
Run it.
Hi Diego, I downloaded only the version 1.11 plugin of the DIEGO_COLOURS_TransferColours. I didn't know it was necessary to lower both.
But reading line 236 of the code I assumed I would need to download the diego_stretch_rgb_colours.py plugin. Reading your comment now seems like it is. I'll install this other py and check.

Thanks for the help!

Line 236

Code: Select all

# Stretching values both on Target and on Source to avoid empty extremes at 0 and 255
    targetLayerStretched = pdb.python_fu_Stretch_RGB_colours (newImage, newTargetLayer, 1, 1)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston
0

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#18 by Krikor » 02 May 2019, 03:55


tim wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 20:37

I found that if I changed the tile calculations from 64 to 128, it'll run in fine in GIMP 2.10.8. So here are the plug-ins (You need both installed.
:hammer_head: :hammer_head: :oops:

ok i will try again
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston
0

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#19 by Krikor » 02 May 2019, 04:08


dinasset wrote:
02 May 2019, 03:47
The error says you did not place the used sub-function "Stretch..." needed.
Many thanks, guys, after installing both scripts everything is working perfectly! :thumbsup: :thank_you:

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this script. :2_Thumbs:

BTW - In addition to enabling the DIEGO_TransferColours plugin to work, what else Ancillary-colors-stretch RGB colors do?
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston
0

dinasset_1
Script Coder

Post#20 by dinasset_1 » 02 May 2019, 05:14


Krikor wrote:
02 May 2019, 04:08
dinasset wrote:
02 May 2019, 03:47
The error says you did not place the used sub-function "Stretch..." needed.
Many thanks, guys, after installing both scripts everything is working perfectly! :thumbsup: :thank_you:

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this script. :2_Thumbs:

BTW - In addition to enabling the DIEGO_TransferColours plugin to work, what else Ancillary-colors-stretch RGB colors do?
You may use the Stretch… standalone, to try getting a better colours look in an image.
0


GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests