2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | 🡆 Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP
Sponsored content for World Food Program

Easy Nav. Added.

GIMP or GIMP LEARN Forum Interests
tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5571 Post(s)

Easy Nav. Added.

Post#1 by tim » 07 Mar 2019, 16:44

When viewing topics/forums,
To quickly jump to another forum/sub-forum you usually have to go back to index page or you have to use the jump button at the very bottom of page (which is kind'a hidden).

I just added a 5-line Easy Nav. (easy navigation) links. So you can quickly jump to another sub-forum.

The arrow shows which sub-forum you're currently in. So it's more a breeze to jump from place to place now.

Also, Easy Nav. doesn't include Lottery forums, when you're viewing Lottery forums, it has it's own Easy Nav. links structure.
easy_navigation.jpg
easy_navigation.jpg # (33.64 KiB) Viewed 2705 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
aka Tin
World Food Program | Good Deeds Forum

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5571 Post(s)

Post#2 by tim » 07 Mar 2019, 20:38

Now compressed into 3 lines.
Easy_Nav_compressed_into_3_lines.jpg
Easy_Nav_compressed_into_3_lines.jpg # (17.96 KiB) Viewed 2682 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member
12th Place
928 Post(s)

Post#3 by Krikor » 07 Mar 2019, 21:43

Good change, this will help everyone in navigating the forum.
I personally like to go back to the Board Index, so I can see when there are new comments or new posts in the forum.
Thx Tim.
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5571 Post(s)

Post#4 by tim » 07 Mar 2019, 23:54

I personally go to the Index too when I want to see new comments but sometimes I also want to jump quickly to a forum I have in mind to post new topics or what not.
In anycase 3 lines doesn't hurt too much and all the benefit to be gained from new visitors who just jumped on (I think).
aka Tin

Issabella
Script Tester
3rd Place
3538 Post(s)

Post#5 by Issabella » 08 Mar 2019, 07:17

Thank you Tin for this addition. I see it a very easy way to access to what one wishes.
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5571 Post(s)

Post#6 by tim » 08 Mar 2019, 21:47

Easy Nav upgraded to show unread topics
highlight in different color

so that it's consistent with the index page (how you can see subforums with different color when there are unread posts).
Hopefully you like this better.

UDPATE: Easy Nav. is now also added to bottom of "View forum" and "View topic" pages. So when you're reading along and get to the bottom, there's no need to scroll back to top to navigate somewhere else (all about saving clicks and scrolls) :ninja:
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5571 Post(s)

Post#7 by tim » 10 Mar 2019, 17:39

Anyone else started into the habit of using the Easy nav. links?
I have, I find it very convenient to jump to the forums with unread (different colored) posts without having to go back to main page.
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5571 Post(s)

Post#8 by tim » 11 Mar 2019, 17:44

Added "Search Plugins/Scripts" search box under the easy nav...with settings to search within Scripts/Plugin subforums.
Just another quick access to look for plugins/scripts so you don't have to go to Advanced search and select the options yourself.
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5571 Post(s)

Post#9 by tim » 11 Mar 2019, 19:59

The search box now has icons to GF (gimp-forum.net) and GC (gimpchat.com) for quick easy plugins/script search on those sites as well.
gimp-forum_net_plugins_search.png
gimp-forum_net_plugins_search.png # (154.55 KiB) Viewed 2611 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
aka Tin

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | 🡆 Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic