It is currently 27 Jan 2022, 14:20

• Featuring Members' Images •
Could be related to 'Generate Cross Stitch pattern and DMC thread information Script for GIMP'
tim
skinnyhouse
tim
skinnyhouse
tim

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Generate Cross Stitch pattern and DMC thread information Script for GIMP

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
the_OTHER
Forum Member
83rd Place
5 Post(s)

Re: Generate Cross Stitch pattern and DMC thread information Script for GIMP

Post#21 by the_OTHER » 21 Jul 2018, 16:35

I have no idea. I used a diff tool and can confirm that what is currently working in my plug-ins directory and what gets downloaded from this site are exactly the same file. And the working file is in exactly the same directory as the first install location I tried. If I knew any useful information to give you, I would. But I am just lost as to why this wasn't working in the first place.

Edit - made third sentence's meaning more clear
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5775 Post(s)

Post#22 by tim » 21 Jul 2018, 17:20

Well as long it works for you now that's the important part.
aka Tin
World Food Program | Good Deeds Forum

xefthimiax
Forum Member
135th Place
1 Post(s)

Post#23 by xefthimiax » 21 Jul 2018, 18:09

I know VERY little about python, etc...took ver 4 put it into C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins where a bunch of .exe and .py files reside...restarted GIMP 3-4 times and I can't find this ever loving file! I open the pic as layers, go to filters-->python-fu--> console..I can't find the file in this list. Am I doing this wrong? I am just looking to cross stitch a ridiculous WWF logo for my husband. Sheesh!
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5775 Post(s)

Post#24 by tim » 21 Jul 2018, 19:19

xefthimiax wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 18:09
I know VERY little about python, etc...took ver 4 put it into C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins where a bunch of .exe and .py files reside...restarted GIMP 3-4 times and I can't find this ever loving file! I open the pic as layers, go to filters-->python-fu--> console..I can't find the file in this list. Am I doing this wrong? I am just looking to cross stitch a ridiculous WWF logo for my husband. Sheesh!
It's located under Python-Fu-->Cross Stitch... so Python-Fu would be next to Filter's menu on top... not under Filters-->Python-Fu-->Console.
Help-->About GIMP (What gimp version are you using)? If you're on GIMP 2.10 you can use version 3 or 4.
If you're still GIMP 2.8 you'll have to use version 2 or 2.5
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5775 Post(s)

Post#25 by tim » 21 Jul 2018, 19:38

I thought I would go back and add Delta-E color matching method for GIMP 2.8 as well (see version 2.5).
aka Tin

kertneejo
Forum Member
89th Place
4 Post(s)

Post#26 by kertneejo » 21 Jul 2018, 22:32

So it's been a while since I've done anything on GIMP and I'm a little lost. I'm running on Windows 7 and downloaded the cross stitch (4). I've already extracted it and pasted it under lib>gimp>2.0>plug-ins. What do I do now?
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5775 Post(s)

Post#27 by tim » 21 Jul 2018, 22:35

kertneejo wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 22:32
So it's been a while since I've done anything on GIMP and I'm a little lost. I'm running on Windows 7 and downloaded the cross stitch (4). I've already extracted it and pasted it under lib>gimp>2.0>plug-ins. What do I do now?
There is detailed instructions in first post.
aka Tin

kertneejo
Forum Member
89th Place
4 Post(s)

Post#28 by kertneejo » 21 Jul 2018, 22:38

tim wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 22:35
There is detailed instructions in first post.
I don't have the Python-Fu drop down option. I can find it under "Filters," but it doesn't have its own tab.
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5775 Post(s)

Post#29 by tim » 21 Jul 2018, 22:56

kertneejo.
Which GIMP version are you running? And did you restart after putting the .py file into the plug-ins/ folder?
Inside GIMP check Edit->Preferences->Folders->Plug-ins and make sure one of the directory is pointing to the folder you've put the .py into.
If you do all the above it should be under Python-Fu->Cross stitch... Not Filters->Python-Fu->Console.
aka Tin

kertneejo
Forum Member
89th Place
4 Post(s)

Post#30 by kertneejo » 21 Jul 2018, 23:11

tim wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 22:56
kertneejo.
Which GIMP version are you running? And did you restart after putting the .py file into the plug-ins/ folder?
Inside GIMP check Edit->Preferences->Folders->Plug-ins and make sure one of the directory is pointing to the folder you've put the .py into.
If you do all the above it should be under Python-Fu->Cross stitch... Not Filters->Python-Fu->Console.
I have version 2.10.4. And it has been placed in the right folder. I also just tried switching it to the third version and that didn't work either.
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic