2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Generate Cross Stitch pattern and DMC thread information Script for GIMP

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
tim
GL Blogger

Re: Generate Cross Stitch pattern and DMC thread information Script for GIMP

Post#41 by tim » 29 Aug 2018, 06:40

Yep looks okay!
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tardigrade42
Forum Member

Post#42 by tardigrade42 » 22 Sep 2018, 00:06

Has berserker (or anyone else) successfully installed this plug-in on a mac? I'm running OS X 10.10 and I've tried multiple variations of putting the file into both of the plug-in addresses, installing GIMP 2.10 instead of 2.8, restarting GIMP, restarting my computer and I can't get the plug-in to show up at all inside GIMP. (Files are executable by default when I checked)

I have never used a GIMP plug-in before.

Thanks for any advice.
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#43 by tim » 22 Sep 2018, 01:10

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GIMP/Installing_Plugins
Also have you extracted the file so that you get the .py file?
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tardigrade42
Forum Member

Post#44 by tardigrade42 » 22 Sep 2018, 06:19

Yes - it's extracted into a .py file successfully. I'm currently looking around for a different plug-in to try to see if the issue is ALL plug-ins or just this one. Of possible note - my version of GIMP (in both 2.8 and 2.10) does not show "Python-Fu" in the top menu bar. Python-Fu only shows up in the pull-down menu under "Filters" and the only option inside it is "Console".
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#45 by tim » 22 Sep 2018, 13:43

That's odd. I am not sure what it is then I have never had a chance to use a MAC with GIMP before so I am unable to help you more.
Hopefully who has a MAC can chime in.
aka Tin

tardigrade42
Forum Member

Post#46 by tardigrade42 » 25 Sep 2018, 01:08

Update: After spending a few days messing with it: if I boot to linux, I can install the plug-in in linux with no issue but I'm not very proficient with linux. Returning to mac OS, I was able to install and run the plug-in by downloading "McGimp 2.10" from www.partha.com.

I'm not a super fan of this option because McGimp crashes on me a lot, (and I'm noticing some other glitches) but the plug-in works!
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#47 by tim » 25 Sep 2018, 01:22

great, can't wait to see your finished cross-stitch project (if you do them).
aka Tin

paulthepenguin
Forum Member

Post#48 by paulthepenguin » 19 Nov 2018, 03:04

Solved the not appearing issue! I'm working on a Mac, so for those who have had issue with this one not working, this (may) work for you:

1) Place the file where it's supposed to be (ie in Library>Application Support>Gimp>2.10>Plugins).

2) Change the ".py" in the file name to ".command". When prompted, agree to use ".command" as the extension.

3) Right click the newly-named file, and under "Open With", choose Terminal. Terminal will run, and make the file executable.

4) Restart GIMP. You should now be "Python-fu" as a menu bar at the top of the screen, and under it, "Cross Stitch".

That's what worked for me; I hope it works for you, too!

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighbourhood librarian
GIMP Learn rocks...

paulthepenguin
Forum Member

Post#49 by paulthepenguin » 19 Nov 2018, 03:08

tardigrade42 wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 00:06
Has berserker (or anyone else) successfully installed this plug-in on a mac? I'm running OS X 10.10 and I've tried multiple variations of putting the file into both of the plug-in addresses, installing GIMP 2.10 instead of 2.8, restarting GIMP, restarting my computer and I can't get the plug-in to show up at all inside GIMP. (Files are executable by default when I checked)

I have never used a GIMP plug-in before.

Thanks for any advice.
I got it working! Check my post (just before this one).
GIMP Learn rocks...

maguz
Forum Member

Post#50 by maguz » 11 Jan 2019, 17:02

First of all, thank you for the plugin, works very well. Second, this is the first third party plugin that I have installed, so maybe all that I have to say is not relevant, sorry for that.

I'm using a Mac with the official build downloaded from gimp.org

I also had problems installing the plugin but I was able to make it work and here are my notes:

- I think the encoding of the python script have problems in Mac because it has Windows newline characters, I changed it to Unix and UTF8.

- By changing the newline format I think it messed up the indentation of the file, so I tested it in terminal and found some indentation errors.

- At this point, the plugin now appears in the Scripts menu and it opens the options window, but shows an error in the number of arguments (it says that expects 9 but only 7 are given).

I copied from other python script (foggify.py) the first two arguments just because it also uses the variables image and layer.

(PF_IMAGE, "image", "Input image", None),
(PF_DRAWABLE, "drawable", "Input drawable", None),

and added to the parameters of the register function, so it looks like this now:

(PF_IMAGE, "image", "Input image", None),
(PF_DRAWABLE, "drawable", "Input drawable", None),
(PF_SPINNER, ...
(PF_OPTION, ...
(PF_OPTION, ...
(PF_SPINNER, ...
(PF_SPINNER, ...
(PF_COLOR, ...
(PF_COLOR, ...

With all this, the plugin ran successfully :)
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP