tim
Pat625
Pat625
Pat625

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

How to replace PS "Fill" in Gimp?

GIMP or GIMP LEARN forum related Questions
Krikor
Forum Member
13th Place
990 Post(s)

Re: How to replace PS "Fill" in Gimp?

Post#11 by Krikor » 06 Dec 2018, 21:17

Dionísio wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 16:11
Hi! I think I can explain how the Fill in Photoshop works, so you can solve it in GIMP.
[...]
Hi Dionísio!
That was roughly the reasoning I was having, though not as technical, but I thought I might have some other way of achieving that result with Gimp.

I followed your tutorial below, and I removed the doubts by observing your .xcf.
Since they are different images I had to change some things, but practically I followed your tutorial.

The plugin that I used for layers and effects has some bugs, besides retune another mode to the selected overlay (returns softy light), it also returns all the modes in legacy format.

I still need to refine the effects in the layers, but the concept has been absorbed.

Thanks for the help, it was very enlightening, and the tutorial was super didactic! :thank_you:
Attachments
InvisibleMan.jpg
Krikor0039 About Fill PS x Gimp
InvisibleMan.jpg # (151.38 KiB) Viewed 1961 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Dionísio
Forum Member
46th Place
33 Post(s)

Post#12 by Dionísio » 07 Dec 2018, 14:42

Krikor wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 21:17
Dionísio wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 16:11
Hi! I think I can explain how the Fill in Photoshop works, so you can solve it in GIMP.
[...]
Hi Dionísio!
That was roughly the reasoning I was having, though not as technical, but I thought I might have some other way of achieving that result with Gimp.
[...]
I'm happy I could help. :D
The plugin I used also had this bug; I don't think it recognizes the new layers modes of 2.10 yet.
I enjoy Blue Lightning Tv's tutorials a lot, and I've been planing to try and port some of them to GIMP. If you have any tutorial of his or another youtube channel you would like to see made in GIMP, I'm open to sugestions :P

RJKD
Tutorial Creator
6th Place
1973 Post(s)

Post#13 by RJKD » 07 Dec 2018, 14:54

Wonderful image Krikor, thankyou for sharing it.

Krikor
Forum Member
13th Place
990 Post(s)

Post#14 by Krikor » 12 Dec 2018, 01:55

Dionísio wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 14:42
The plugin I used also had this bug; I don't think it recognizes the new layers modes of 2.10 yet.
I enjoy Blue Lightning Tv's tutorials a lot, and I've been planing to try and port some of them to GIMP. If you have any tutorial of his or another youtube channel you would like to see made in GIMP, I'm open to sugestions :P
Hi Dionísio, at the moment I have no tutorial in PS insight, but it has been a constant lately to watch PS videos to learn image editing, thanks for the offer.
RJKD wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 14:54
Wonderful image Krikor, thankyou for sharing it.
RJKD, I'm glad you liked it. I followed the steps in https://gimplearn.net/viewtopic.php/Re- ... 262#p22262
Thank you for your positive manifestation!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic