oldmangrumpy
oldmangrumpy
oldmangrumpy
oldmangrumpy

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  🡆 GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

OMG's Downunder Art Thread

Artworks created/edited using GIMP
Issabella
Script Tester
3rd Place
3649 Post(s)

Re: OMG's Downunder Art Thread

Post#1151 by Issabella » 12 Apr 2019, 08:54

OMG, I'm happy you changed your mind and you are with all of us showing your innovative artistic creations. You are a very important member of the forum and I hope you consider you have very good friends here.
Thanks for your huge generosity sharing your skillful arts and your friendship. :red_heart:
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

Pat625
Tutorial Creator
2nd Place
4514 Post(s)

Post#1152 by Pat625 » 12 Apr 2019, 17:59

To all Gimp Learn Members,

Wallace, Ella, and Issabella have eloquently stated our feelings, and I am certain that of many others. We are here to learn how to use GIMP for enjoyment, or for work. We are also here to share with each other what we know and offer help to someone as others have offered to us.
When we make mistakes, we are encouraged to post them so that help can be directed to the specific problem whether a new Gimper or an experienced one. I know many are shy, and will not post fearing a "low rating" or embarrassment. That is why I was against "rating" in a forum like we have here. Besides, I am not an expert, I am just an old lady trying to learn some art, and share what I have learned. It is so nice also, to have friends all over the world! I love it! I love other's opinions, even if they differ from mine.

Tim,
You really have a nice forum, which you have made very easy to use. You are constantly bringing new ideas, and making improvements. Most of these have been beneficial, and liked by most of our community. You institute new things to keep the forum fresh, and exciting so as to please your existing members, and attract new ones. You are so very talented. I love and applaud this about you as you interact with your members instead of being an "absent owner". At some point, there is a limit as to what can be added, so you have to be choosy. I know your intent was not for anyone to be hurt, or afraid to post. I know you want people to join so as to learn Gimp and graphic arts, and enjoy each other, not hurt their feelings.

Well, enough said by this old lady! Who the H__l does she think she is she anyway?
Let's all have a big internet hug, then get back to the frivolities!

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5775 Post(s)

Post#1153 by tim » 12 Apr 2019, 18:28

By popular consent, stars rating have been completely turned off.
Cheers.
aka Tin
World Food Program | Good Deeds Forum

Krikor
Forum Member
13th Place
990 Post(s)

Post#1154 by Krikor » 12 Apr 2019, 19:00

Issabella wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 08:54
OMG, I'm happy you changed your mind and you are with all of us showing your innovative artistic creations. You are a very important member of the forum and I hope you consider you have very good friends here.
Thanks for your huge generosity sharing your skillful arts and your friendship. :red_heart:
OMG, it's unfortunate that you have had this discomfort related to those stars. I will not disagree on what would have led anyone to evaluate less than 5 stars, because this is already past, Tim has removed this evaluation system from this forum.

But as Issabela and other members of the forum said, it is a pleasure to see your work posted here.

Your images are truly inspiring, creative and rich in imagination and color. They are sources not only of admiration but also of learning!

Forget about not posting more, nothing off or vacation, time to get back to work! :tick_tock: ;)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator
10th Place
1438 Post(s)

Post#1155 by oldmangrumpy » 12 Apr 2019, 21:26

To all of you, hopefully this says what I feel ...
Attachments
omg_thankyou.png
omg_thankyou.png # (247.49 KiB) Viewed 3481 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning
OMG's: Downunder Art Thread | Gold Ring Addiction

leopardo-40
Tutorial Creator
17th Place
719 Post(s)

Post#1156 by leopardo-40 » 13 Apr 2019, 22:14

Evaluating work by stars is neither good nor never will be.
But we all have to understand, that each one has his opinion,
whoever he likes, and who does not like our work.
But as everyone takes this in jest we can not take seriously ratings, be it stars or positions.
the human being, however good he may be in what he does, does not please everyone.
For me, they can even give negative notes in my work, the good I take into consideration, the bad ones, I do not care ..

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator
10th Place
1438 Post(s)

Post#1157 by oldmangrumpy » 15 Apr 2019, 00:59

leopardo-40 - thank you for your words of wisdom and as I missed it in my period of recess, Happy Birthday.

Modern society in my opinion can learn a lot from the habits and values of older, indigenous civilisations such as the Aborigines of Australia, especially in relation to management of the land and environment. My wife and I are lucky to soon be taking a holiday in the wilderness of the Kimberleys in Western Australia and I'm hoping we will see what are probably the world's oldest rock paintings - more inspiration!
Attachments
kimberley_caves.png
kimberley_caves.png # (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3450 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
magic_mirror.png
magic_mirror.png # (1.79 MiB) Viewed 3450 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning

Pat625
Tutorial Creator
2nd Place
4514 Post(s)

Post#1158 by Pat625 » 15 Apr 2019, 04:36

Very nice, OMG. Wish you a wonderful holiday, and take a lot of photos!

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator
10th Place
1438 Post(s)

Post#1159 by oldmangrumpy » 17 Apr 2019, 02:49

Pat - thanks very much, but I must confess a typical senior's moment ... it seems I got the holiday dates wrong ; will not be going end April but end May. Still I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Revisited making a bowl.
Attachments
omg_bowl_goldpat.png
omg_bowl_goldpat.png # (1.6 MiB) Viewed 3424 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

Ella
Tutorial Creator
8th Place
1738 Post(s)

Post#1160 by Ella » 17 Apr 2019, 09:27

Beautiful gold, shiny bowl OMG :2_Thumbs:

Fascinating rock paintings and a mysterious mirror you created :fb_love:
Ella's gallery My Blender work - Ella
My Blog - Le temps perdu

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
(Leonard Cohen)

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  🡆 GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic