2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  🡆 GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Tim's simple art

Artworks created/edited using GIMP
tim
GL Blogger

Re: Polygon cat with ball

Post#21 by tim » 13 Oct 2018, 22:10

billiard-exp-tin-tran.jpg
billiard-exp-tin-tran.jpg (52.26 KiB) Viewed 611 times
pool, billiard
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#22 by tim » 14 Oct 2018, 02:19

feels more complete with ball (abstract) shadows.
billiards-2-tin-tran.jpg
billiards-2-tin-tran.jpg (54.04 KiB) Viewed 604 times
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#23 by tim » 14 Oct 2018, 02:55

revision 3. Didn't like how the stool overlaped part of pool table.
billiards-3-tin-tran.jpg
billiards-3-tin-tran.jpg (53.99 KiB) Viewed 602 times
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#24 by tim » 14 Oct 2018, 04:13

last version hopefully.
billiards-5-tin-tran.jpg
billiards-5-tin-tran.jpg (55.2 KiB) Viewed 602 times
aka Tin

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#25 by Pat625 » 14 Oct 2018, 05:23

Looking good, Tin!

tim
GL Blogger

Post#26 by tim » 14 Oct 2018, 05:40

Thanks Pat.
Now, we wait for someone to admire it as much or more than the polygon cat :D.
I believe that for every piece of art there might be someone out there that has a deep connection with the piece, beyond reason, like when they look at it they feel timelessness, it sucks them in and they don't know why they're so attracted to it but looking at surface/looks value they can't even explain it it might not even look good or real at all.
I believe this because it happened to me in Spain on one of Picasso's painting.
Before that I was just like oh Picasso is an abstract artist, and didn't think much of his paintings. but that one piece had this power, it seemed like all other work was all worth looking or looking through or for him as all worth experimenting at in order to lead me to this painting.
No art before that piece compared to that piece and no art since that piece compare to that piece.
Sadly I couldn't find this piece because I don't think it's available online or print.
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#27 by tim » 14 Oct 2018, 15:36

quite happy with the feel of this one, maybe the colors is making me feel that way not sure though.
setup-billiards2-tin-tran.jpg
setup-billiards2-tin-tran.jpg (74.3 KiB) Viewed 587 times
aka Tin

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#28 by Pat625 » 14 Oct 2018, 16:20

You get better as you go, Tin!

tim
GL Blogger

Post#29 by tim » 14 Oct 2018, 16:33

Thanks Pat!
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#30 by tim » 14 Oct 2018, 16:53

Last night, before bed I was thinking "What if future computers can scan your brain and figure out how it works and it create personalized art/music that speaks to you such that you'd experience timelessness". I think that would be awesome.

Okay maybe not even scan your brain since figuring how it works is too great a knowledge but it can like shows you a series of pieces and let you choose which one appeals more to you and based on that it can train itself to adapt to produce more pieces which are mutations of your taste and it only gets closer and closer to your personalized taste.
aka Tin

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  🡆 GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP