2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Problem with Lined Paths

GIMP or GIMP LEARN forum related Questions
P1937
Forum Member

Problem with Lined Paths

Post#1 by P1937 » 02 Dec 2019, 05:10

Since updating to Gimp 2.10.12 I am having a problem with Tim's Lined Path Plug-in.
It will not pick up the Gradient. Does however create with any plain colour of its choosing.
I am using Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit.
Tim if you have time, and I appreciate that is a precious thing these days, I would be most grateful if you could have a look at the plug-in.
thank you.
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#2 by tim » 02 Dec 2019, 05:48

I just downloaded the latest version of plug-in and tried it on my GIMP also 2.10.12 and gradient option works fine.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#3 by Krikor » 02 Dec 2019, 06:02

I don't know what the latest version of the plugin would be, but with the version I own all is ok, even using the gradient option.
Using it here 2.10.12
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

P1937
Forum Member

Post#4 by P1937 » 02 Dec 2019, 22:31

Thank you Tim and Krikor for checking. Tim I notice you are using Linux. I use Windows 10. I am now suspecting the latest update to windows 10, which is 1909 arrived recently onto my PC may be causing the problem.
The alternative is to manually do the Gradient once the plug-in has finished its job.
Has anyone else receiving the update 1909 to Windows 10 found this problem.
My thanks for your help.
GIMP Learn rocks...

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#5 by Krikor » 03 Dec 2019, 20:10

@P1937, Just checking. You are selecting YES from the option: use colors from gradient ?
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

P1937
Forum Member

Post#6 by P1937 » 03 Dec 2019, 22:06

Hi Krikor
Yes I was selecting "YES" from the option: to use colors from gradient.
However I spent several hours since my last post, completely removing the update 1909 for Windows, then reinstalling a new version. Reinstalled Gimp 2.10.12. At last success, all is working once again.
Thank you for your help.
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#7 by tim » 03 Dec 2019, 23:32

Well, that's kind'a spooky that a Windows update would do that... I would never in a million years would think it's Windows update.

Or if you want tell me exact operation you do to each image with detailed settings...
And I wrte a plug-in that allows you to choose a directory to read all the files (what extension ie. png) from the directory and
then perform the steps you describe to them then save under an output directory that you also choose.
and then you can use it. but i need to know exact settings...since it's a one time thing I don't want write a bunch of inputs options that you only enter once anyways.
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

P1937
Forum Member

Post#8 by P1937 » 04 Dec 2019, 03:43

Hello Tim
Plugin was working fine for a while. Now I get a message when using the Plug-in.
Message reads - Unable to run GimpPdbProgram Callback. The corresponding plug-in may have crashed.
The Plug=in does work, but throws up this message.
What I have been doing is creating 2 layers. Clear backgrounds. Then create 2 paths, ( one for each Layer).
Highlight the top Layer, run the script using a gradient.
Once that has completed, I create a background Layer and fill with a colour,
I am not a script writer at all, and do not understand the message which is arriving. Please point me in the right direction as what I am doing wrong.
I am not using the Windows Security System, which I know has problems, and must have the Controlled Folder Access turned off in order for Gimp to work properly. I use Trend Micro as my Security.
Thank you
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#9 by tim » 04 Dec 2019, 03:57

I have no idea what that messager is from...try another plugin to see if you get the same message.
aka Tin

P1937
Forum Member

Post#10 by P1937 » 04 Dec 2019, 09:50

Hello Tim
I have tried most of the other plug-ins I have on my computer. None of them produce the message which appears when using the Lined Paths plug-in. This is very strange.
I have gone thru all Plug-ins and scripts to make sure there are no old rubbish ones about.
Not sure what I should be doing to get rid of this message. Re-installing the Plug-in, or re-installing Gimp is not the answer I have already done that.
If you have any ideas I would appreciate hearing.
In the meantime I shall continue to use the plug-in and put with the message.
Maybe there is a script writer out there who can tell me what the message means!
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP