Krikor
tim
tim
tim

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Colouring B&W photos

GIMP Tutorials
Forum rules
Tutorials must be created by you and your own idea.
If you got idea from elsewhere and revised your own version of tutorial, please include reference and credit original authors.
For example if you found a Photoshop tutorial and wanted to write a GIMP version, you must credit the original Photoshop tutorial.
Pat625
Tutorial Creator
2nd Place
4512 Post(s)

Re: Colouring B&W photos

Post#31 by Pat625 » 09 Jan 2018, 06:42

David, Thank you so much for all your instructions and help! I really appreciate it and I'm sure others do also. I will practice this and hopefully improve.

Krikor
Forum Member
12th Place
960 Post(s)

Post#32 by Krikor » 17 Apr 2019, 11:55

Coloring pictures is something I like, although for a long time I have not gotten involved with this activity.
Excellent tutorial David, thank you!

Just for fun I partially colored the image of this international celebrity. :fb_haha:
Attachments
Just4Fun043.png
Just4Fun Color-BW SF GimpLearn
Just4Fun043.png # (202.55 KiB) Viewed 2385 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5646 Post(s)

Post#33 by tim » 17 Apr 2019, 13:47

who the heck is that? LOL!
Did you put Mona Lisa's face over my head? It looks male but I don't recognize the face.
aka Tin
World Food Program | Good Deeds Forum

Krikor
Forum Member
12th Place
960 Post(s)

Post#34 by Krikor » 18 Apr 2019, 00:00

tim wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 13:47
who the heck is that? LOL!
Did you put Mona Lisa's face over my head? It looks male but I don't recognize the face.
Tim, you can solve this puzzle! :zoom:
There are more than # 17 tips in this image that lead to your answer! ;)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5646 Post(s)

Post#35 by tim » 18 Apr 2019, 00:59

I still say it looks like male Mona Lisa..maybe I have been looking at the Mona too much it's fried into my brain LOL
aka Tin

Pat625
Tutorial Creator
2nd Place
4512 Post(s)

Post#36 by Pat625 » 18 Apr 2019, 01:53

Krikor, I do not know how many faces you have in the photo, but I think this is hilarious! Especially since Tin wrote a script where you took a bunch of faces and made one!

Please let us know what you did with whom when Tin is done solving the puzzle.

Krikor
Forum Member
12th Place
960 Post(s)

Post#37 by Krikor » 18 Apr 2019, 10:47

hummm Mona Lisa is an interesting suggestion ... :idea:

Tim, I've pretty much revealed the answer to who the other artist is, and one of them you quickly recognized. :geek:

Pat625, in short, I used a color image and a black and white image. So I desaturated the color image, and transferred the face (only partially) of the image originally black and white to the desaturated image (now also black and white), and lazily re-colored that image.

I used the image of an illustrious citizen of Oz (B & W) with that of another international celebrity. ;) :scissors_select: :move: :healing: :paintbrush:

Krikor
Forum Member
12th Place
960 Post(s)

Post#38 by Krikor » 19 Apr 2019, 23:11

You give up very easily, so here is the solution regarding the Mona Lisa used:
Post Nr # 17

tim
GL Blogger
1st Place
5646 Post(s)

Post#39 by tim » 19 Apr 2019, 23:50

I already looked at post #17, and I still think it's male mona lisa hahaha
male-mona-lisa.jpg
male-mona-lisa.jpg # (151.43 KiB) Viewed 2318 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
male-mona-lisa2.jpg
male-mona-lisa2.jpg # (168.2 KiB) Viewed 2317 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
aka Tin

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator
10th Place
1438 Post(s)

Post#40 by oldmangrumpy » 20 Apr 2019, 00:54

Why am I wishing that I should never have posted that (very, very) old photo :wine_smiley:
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning
OMG's: Downunder Art Thread | Gold Ring Addiction

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic