2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Bevel Reflect Logo for Beginners

GIMP Tutorials
Forum rules
Tutorials must be created by you and your own idea.
If you got idea from elsewhere and revised your own version of tutorial, please include reference and credit original authors.
For example if you found a Photoshop tutorial and wanted to write a GIMP version, you must credit the original Photoshop tutorial.
gnerd
Forum Member

Re: Bevel Reflect Logo for Beginners

Post#21 by gnerd » 06 Mar 2018, 22:46

Thank you RJKD sorry don't know how I missed your post on the first time I was able to pop on, I will give it a look for sure!! Pink is second only to purple :happy_purple: OMG you did and I hadn't had the chance to sit with your possible causes for my mistake. By the time I was able to look over everything Wallace had posted the photo which caught my eye as soon as I popped on :smiley_toss: I have the attention span of a gnat!! Thanks again for the help @Wallace @tim @oldmangrumpy @RJKD !

oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator

Post#22 by oldmangrumpy » 06 Mar 2018, 23:56

Nancy and anybody else interested ... some examples of BRL text produced using an emap with extra transparent border (i.e. not cropped).

image 1 - one of my gold emaps that has the extra transparency; selection shows size of the text path
image 2- Richard's new outside emap
image 3 - Richards new outside emap with my gold image in overlay mode used as a highlight
Attachments
brl_highlight.png
brl_highlight.png (110.93 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
RJKDbrl_no_highlight.png
RJKDbrl_no_highlight.png (286.38 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
RJKDbrl_with_highlight.png
RJKDbrl_with_highlight.png (295.73 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning
OMG's: Downunder Art Thread | Gold Ring Addiction

gnerd
Forum Member

Post#23 by gnerd » 07 Mar 2018, 02:03

Wow i'm still surprised at what can be done with BRL even beyond glass (and I sure love glass). The most I've done with BRL has been mostly glass and I don't think I ever roamed much farther than gemclear to be honest. But the start of Tin's new BRL Emap thread has me poking around now I wish to know more!!

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#24 by RJKD » 07 Mar 2018, 20:07

OMG has lots of shiny things for you precious...

Dafne
Forum Member

Post#25 by Dafne » 31 Aug 2020, 03:43

please help a dumb user! I tried several times with this script and the scroll one but nothing happens. I think I'm installing the scripts in wrong folders . Could you name the folders for each script? I'm a windows 7 user. I tried with these
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins ----->ml reflect
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins ----> corrected gimp fu (scroll bar)
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins------> brl to visible layers
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\python----> gimpfu_original_2pt10_ammended
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\python----> brl to visible layers.
C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins----->ml reflect
C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts-------> beveled reflect logo scm.

please help I'm newbie. The only one seamed to work is the scm one but I can't make it work because it asked for ml reflect plug in. :gimp:
GIMP Learn rocks...

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#26 by Pat625 » 01 Sep 2020, 11:02

Dafne, I would stay out of the program files for most of new scripts that we add. They are files that came with the program which in most cases should stay as they are.

Any script ext of .scm should be placed in the C:\user\your name\AppData. . . . . \scripts folder.

Plug-ins with ext. of .py or .exe go in the C:\user\your name\AppData. . . .\plug-ins.

You must replace script-fu.exe [ ...lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\script-fu ] in the original location (best after archiving the older version - as *. zip or 7z). This is one of the times that you will need to go to the program files.

Also in the program files as you have listed, you must place your updated Gimp-fu for scrolling .py plug-ins in the python folder. Remember to first remove the original Gimp-fu and save it in case you need it in the future.

Hope this is helpful

Dafne
Forum Member

Post#27 by Dafne » 02 Sep 2020, 02:05

thanks for your fast reply Pat! :golden_wilber:
I saved ML reflect logo as you said in C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins location. When I run BRL this message appears.
I already have a trouble with "app data" location (with gmic). I have gmic qt installed in that location but not working.
I don't know exactly what's going on with the plugins in that location or why it doesn't work, but seems affected with the same issue.
I tried re installing the whole gimp countless times but the same problem over and over with gmic. Now that ML reflect is in the same folder I have a problem with it too. The scm brl is working fine, but I don't know what else to do with those .exe files. :crysmiley:
I'm sorry for being so troublesome. :fb_sad:
GIMP Learn rocks...

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#28 by Pat625 » 05 Sep 2020, 04:27

Is your computer a 32 or 64 bit? Your plugins and programs must match.

Ella
Tutorial Creator

Post#29 by Ella » 06 Sep 2020, 07:26

Or maybe there's a plug-in that needs to be unzipped ?
Ella's gallery My Blender work - Ella
My Blog - Le temps perdu

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
(Leonard Cohen)

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#30 by RJKD » 06 Sep 2020, 16:47

Take G'mic out of you plug-in folder (I'd just bin it) then download a new one and do a clean install, it will find it's own place (just match with your machine 32 or 64 bit)

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP