2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

OMG Tutorial - Clear Glass Brumbies

GIMP Tutorials
Forum rules
Tutorials must be created by you and your own idea.
If you got idea from elsewhere and revised your own version of tutorial, please include reference and credit original authors.
For example if you found a Photoshop tutorial and wanted to write a GIMP version, you must credit the original Photoshop tutorial.
oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator

Re: OMG Tutorial - Clear Glass Brumbies

Post#51 by oldmangrumpy » 05 Aug 2019, 02:25

OK - if those created layers are blank, there is one probable reason. BRL typically operates against a selection that has some content and will produce an outcome from that operation. However, BRL will operate against a 'selection' that has no filled content and it will produce a 'blank' outcome on a new layer. Typically that is caused by the current active layer being the wrong one.

So we need to check that the your selection has been 'filled' with a colour and that the selection filled layer is the current active layer against which BRL will operate to produce a glassy outcome.

Let me know how you go.
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning
OMG's: Downunder Art Thread | Gold Ring Addiction

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#52 by enxio27 » 05 Aug 2019, 23:40

It appears to me that the brumby outline has been properly selected in step 2, and I double-checked and triple-checked to make sure I had the correct parameters for the Bucket Fill. However, it doesn't appear that the Bucket Fill actually did anything.
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP