2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | 🡆 Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

GIMP LEARN GL logo rotating images

GIMP or GIMP LEARN Forum Interests
tim
GL Blogger

GIMP LEARN GL logo rotating images

Post#1 by tim » 12 Oct 2016, 23:11

Now members can contribute to GL's logo(s).

Image dimension: (172x90) 172 pixel width x 90 pixel height
Image formats: .png, .jpg, .gif (can be animated .png or .gif)

Image must say "GL","GIMP LEARN" or "GIMP LEARN FORUM" and include any creation of images that you'd like.

Just create a 172x90 image which will be placed over the following (highlighted area).
add_site_logo_01_placement.png
add_site_logo_01_placement.png (61.03 KiB) Viewed 10309 times
You can use the below image as reference (172x90) with current GL's background gradient.
Your image contribution will be overlay on top of this image. So any area that is transparent will have the below image showing through.
add_site_logo_02_current_background.png
add_site_logo_02_current_background.png (13.92 KiB) Viewed 10309 times
If your image is half decent, we'll add it to our site as part of a random rotation of images.

Thank you in advance for considering contributing to GIMP LEARN Forum.

Just reply to this thread attaching your contribution and hopefully, we'll add them to our site as soon as possible.

Logos we have so far: http://gimplearn.net/styles/prosilver/t ... tom_logos/
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#2 by tim » 13 Oct 2016, 01:16

bump^
Our current one and only animated GL logo It's just Wilber buzzing around GL logo. :mrgreen:
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#3 by tim » 13 Oct 2016, 20:36

Just add 2 for kicks (not animated).
Image - using Double Bump Map Effect Script
Image - using Hatched Text Script
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#4 by tim » 15 Oct 2016, 06:32

added another one.
Image - using Shattered Text converted to .xcf by Rod
aka Tin

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#5 by RJKD » 21 Oct 2016, 12:33

Found it difficult to retain integrity, however if you want to use - here's my contribution...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#6 by tim » 21 Oct 2016, 14:59

Thank you for your contribution I added it live and add your name to credits/contributions thread
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#7 by tim » 22 Oct 2016, 01:45

I did some GIMP LEARN FORUM logos, one of each a United States flag inspired, a Vietnamese flag inspired, and a Canadian flag inspired.
I thought since you're from Great Britain you might want to do one for Great Britain.
My hope is as we get more members from other countries they can contribute logos that represent their flags as well for fun. :D
aka Tin

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#8 by Pat625 » 23 Oct 2016, 03:39

I posted this in the wrong thread. Hope it is OK to post here also.
Attachments
GL.gif
GL.gif (14.47 KiB) Viewed 9416 times

tim
GL Blogger

Post#9 by tim » 23 Oct 2016, 03:51

did you want me to use this as a random logo image on GL? because it's wrong dimension and it's .gif. I made it so it only does .png so it has to be animated .png and in correct dimension.

If you want i can still use it, i'll probably center it on my specified dimension and convert it to animated .png and use it? Is that what you want?
aka Tin

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#10 by Pat625 » 23 Oct 2016, 03:56

I guess I didn't understand what you wanted it for. You can use it for whatever you need it. My browser does not support apng so I cannot work with it. If you can use it, do with it what you can use it for.

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | 🡆 Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP