It is currently 15 Sep 2019, 07:49

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | 🡆 Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

GIMP/GL InterestsI just learned about "negative SEO"

GIMP or GIMP LEARN Forum Interests
enxio27
Forum Member

Re: I just learned about "negative SEO"

Post#11 by enxio27 » 28 Feb 2019, 21:49

The topic of the forum was an online game that is no longer around. It was very successful in the game's heyday, though. The forum had pretty much died out by the time I left, because the game was already being abandoned by its makers. I tried for quite some time to get some more moderators, but they kept leaving, as well. Finally traffic was down to nothing, the owner was no longer answering emails (he lived overseas and I always had to use an online translator to communicate with him), and I just had to walk away. I haven't gone back. That was probably at least ten years ago now. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten everything I ever knew about phpBB.
0 x

tim

GL Blogger

Post#12 by tim » 28 Feb 2019, 22:17

That's too bad, maybe if before it died, you could've asked/polled members to see what game they moved onto next so that you could create a child subforum for the new game(s) it would be still around.

Getting members is the like the hardest of running a forum I think...once you have members, though gotta see what they're onto next heheh
0 x
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#13 by enxio27 » 28 Feb 2019, 23:00

Maybe, but I was tired and ready to move on (I never expected to end up being the one running the show, especially by myself), and with the owner no longer communicating, it just wasn't a sustainable situation.
0 x

xrek
Forum Member

Post#14 by xrek » 01 Mar 2019, 06:27

It's worse than that. Google's "rules" are secret and subject to selective enforcement.
0 x
Privacy is a human right. Please adblock... otherwise YOU injure others' Expectation of Privacy in soceity.

tim

GL Blogger

Post#15 by tim » 03 Mar 2019, 13:49

I wrote this short blog about nofollow links secret
after reading a few nofollow explanations on the web.
This the guideline I intend to follow on our forum.
PS: It's not really a secret, it's just what I want to stick too (for now) as it makes sense to me.
0 x
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | 🡆 Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP