It is currently 27 Jan 2020, 19:13

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | 🡆 GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Galaxy NGC-156 Revisited

Photos edited using GIMP
Archie
Forum Member

Re: Galaxy NGC-156 Revisited

Post#11 by Archie » 25 May 2019, 08:51

neurolurker wrote:
24 May 2019, 21:42
It was ankle-gulping deep and my shoes dissolved overnight.
Oh my goodness! I guess you're lucky that's all you lost.

We have a bunch of friends up at Graves Mountain. I used to go up to Sperryville, which has a couple of nice art galleries, if that's your thing. I used to get my coffee at a roaster there but the coffee started changing.

Anyway, I'm going to check out your other thread. I wanted to see how that filter (transfer colors) would do re-introducing colors from an image to a desaturated version of it. The third image I made a clut from a photo of a turtle and applied it to the aforementioned desaturated image. I really like the subtle effect I got from that. I just applied the same clut to a color version of the image and that produced a nice result as well. I did adjust the levels on these since the filter gives a haziness to the image. I kind of like that, though. It's kind of a dreamy effect.
Attachments
_MG_6661original.jpg
_MG_6661original.jpg (169 KiB) Viewed 400 times
_MG_6661clut.jpg
_MG_6661clut.jpg (120.74 KiB) Viewed 400 times
_MG_6661clut2.jpg
_MG_6661clut2.jpg (113.38 KiB) Viewed 400 times
_MG_6661clut3.jpg
_MG_6661clut3.jpg (148.21 KiB) Viewed 400 times
GIMP Learn rocks...

neurolurker
Forum Member

Post#12 by neurolurker » 26 May 2019, 04:15

Archie, I considered myself very lucky from the Continental Can episode. Some burns above my ankles was the worst I got, but I still jerk back from time to time suddenly imagining what might have happened if I had fallen in that stuff.

The CLUT effects you got are really nice. I really like the CLUT3 picture. What you've got there is a lot more in line with what makes them useful than what I splashed all over the galaxy. The wonderful kind of dream where things are almost real so you keep looking ... I'm very glad you're enjoying the process. And you've definitely got some good ideas for how to proceed.
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | 🡆 GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP