2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | 🡆 GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Gnerd's photos

Photos edited using GIMP
Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Re: Gnerd's photos

Post#21 by Pat625 » 30 Jun 2017, 14:26

Gnerd, I love what you did with the Rothenberg font! I had missed her tutorial and will look it up. Pity that Dalia disappeared from GC. We don't ever hear from her anymore. I miss her.

gnerd
Forum Member

Post#22 by gnerd » 08 Jul 2017, 04:13

RJKD thank you so much for introducing me to littlewebhut.com. The tutorials are incredibly easy to follow along as well as put your own spin on it. For beginners like myself, his step by step instructions are wonderful. If I ever get the layering, masking, and the dreaded path tool I try to stay away from that one. Watched and tried to follow many tutorials just can't get it to sink in. Everyone here is so helpful and kind, i'm grateful for the encouragement!! Tin, you do amazing script work as well as keeping everything running smoothly, thank you for accepting me!!

Ella
Tutorial Creator

Post#23 by Ella » 08 Jul 2017, 07:53

gnerd wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 04:13
thank you for accepting me!!
Thank you to join Gimp Learn, gnerd :GL2:
Ella's gallery My Blender work - Ella
My Blog - Le temps perdu

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
(Leonard Cohen)

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#24 by RJKD » 08 Jul 2017, 10:24

Glad your having some progress. There's so much I'm still learning, especially regarding paths, now I often use my Gimp canvass as i would a note book and just doodle using different tools and filters, a couple of times I've got lucky and created something I like and worth keeping, moreover it helps me familiarize myself with the various methods.
My real passion is space and here is a tutorial I've followed many, many times, at first I didn't have a clue what or why I was doing certain steps, however over time I've learned a great deal from it as well as achieving very pleasing results.
http://mygimptutorial.com/the-ultimate- ... t-tutorial

gnerd
Forum Member

Post#25 by gnerd » 08 Jul 2017, 20:44

Thank you RJKD another wonderful site!! I'm still fumbling around as well. Some mistakes turn out quite well, so I usually try to keep pushing through but the path tool has me stumped. I'll keep at it, maybe it will click eventually. I did give a planet a try :gimp:
Attachments
earth.png
earth.png (393.59 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#26 by RJKD » 10 Jul 2017, 16:23

That's a really cool 😎 planet. Many of us struggle with paths, however, as I progress, little by little I'm finding paths to be possibly the best tool of all, it's worth all the frustration.

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#27 by Issabella » 10 Jul 2017, 16:44

Gnerd, I'm always stumped when using paths, but RJKD is right. One of the best tools in Gimp is Path Tool. I like your planet a lot because you gave it a nice shadows and little stars. :gimp_clap:
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#28 by RJKD » 10 Jul 2017, 20:56

While we're mentioning paths - here's a really delightful and easy way to achieve pleasing outcomes using paths, i use this method for text a lot.
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=24& ... =snowflake

gnerd
Forum Member

Post#29 by gnerd » 10 Jul 2017, 21:43

Thank you Issabella and RJKD, for the encouragement, I will work on this snowflake thank you for the all of your help and suggestions!! I did find an older tutorial making candy text. I threw a little me in there as well as drawing the center piece with the path tool lol :yay_yay_purple: . It's a start!!
Attachments
SWEET CANDY with a path drawn.png
SWEET CANDY with a path drawn.png (540.36 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

gnerd
Forum Member

Post#30 by gnerd » 11 Jul 2017, 01:40

Followed a tutorial by conbagui, did not turn out as well as his of course but it was so fun to try!!
Attachments
gimp rays of light.jpg
gimp rays of light.jpg (73.82 KiB) Viewed 1173 times

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | 🡆 GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP