2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | 🡆 Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Fencepost's Animated Fire Script --What's up?

Post your Script Requests for GIMP here.
Forum rules
Request your Script(s) for GIMP here in this forum.
Provide details of steps performed in GIMP so that script can be written for the process and also give the request a name so that scripts can be named after.
CtrlAltDel
Forum Member

Fencepost's Animated Fire Script --What's up?

Post#1 by CtrlAltDel » Yesterday, 10:32

I've always wanted to, but have never been able to use Fencepost's Animated Fire script. I haven't been using Gimp that long, really, and by the time I starting using it, this script was already unusable with Gimp.

It does seem like it was once a very popular script and it looks nice.

https://www.deviantart.com/fence-post/a ... t-84921148

There must be something difficult to parse out with this script and make it work with more modern versions of Gimp or it probably would have already been done. Or, has it been done and I don't know where to look for the updated version.

Does anyone have any information they would like to share about it with me? Is there maybe a way to make Gimp produce flames like those in the script without even using a script and the script is just useless now or something?
GIMP Learn rocks...

rich2005
GIMP Guru

Post#2 by rich2005 » Yesterday, 12:33

A few things to get that working, I run it through Tin's constantize plugin for the layer modes but main problem is it uses the solid-noise plugin. This was dropped from Gimp 2.10, you need one from Gimp 2.8 The script can use the gimpressionist plugin and in the appimage all the gimpressionist filters are missing (at least in my 2.10.22 appimage) All those plus a couple of utility scripts for animations - color-to-alpha-all-layers and a combine background script. You might have different favourites for those last two, only there if you need them. See the attachment.

In use in my Gimp 2.10.22 appimage: The Gimpressionist folder replaces the existing and the scripts / plugin get added to the user profile.

FWIW Three minute video https://youtu.be/2EtyEA0mVgk
Attachments
fp-fire-linux.zip
(474 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

CtrlAltDel
Forum Member

Post#3 by CtrlAltDel » Today, 00:23

It works great, Rich. I've always wanted that plugin and could never use it until now. You've gathered all the pieces needed and packaged them up into a neat .zip file.

Thanks a million.
GIMP Learn rocks...

CtrlAltDel
Forum Member

Post#4 by CtrlAltDel » Today, 02:01

Thank You1.gif
Thank You1.gif (3.48 MiB) Viewed 28 times
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | 🡆 Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP