It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 05:04

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

How to install GIMP Scripts/Plug-ins (.py files) for GIMP

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Mapsking
Forum Member

Re: How to install GIMP Scripts/Plug-ins (.py files) for GIMP

Post#11 by Mapsking » 16 Jan 2019, 07:54

Maybe I am missing something easy here, but I downloaded the perler beads .py file, put it in where my edit>preferences>folders>plug-ins directory was, and restarted gimp (2.10.8 Winx64), and I don't see it anywhwere. Once it is in the folder, how do I actually use it? Do I need to use the console? Is it supposed to appear in a menu? From what I've read, it should show up somewhere, and for me, it does not seem to show up anywhere. I feel I am missing something simple. Thanks for any help to get it (or any other?) python files working in gimp.

Ella
Tutorial Creator

Post#12 by Ella » 16 Jan 2019, 09:46

Hi Mapsking, and welcome to Gimp Learn.
To find an installed plug-in you can use the plug-in browser. Read my post at #22 with this link.

https://www.gimplearn.net/viewtopic.php ... ers#p21696

Don't know if you did something wrong.
For more technical explanations you will have to wait for someone else :)
Ella's gallery My Blender work - Ella
My Blog - Le temps perdu

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
(Leonard Cohen)

No avatar
BLLittle
Forum Member

Post#13 by BLLittle » 28 Jan 2019, 14:58

DragonQueen wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 12:14
Now I manage to get "Playing Card Script" and "Kaleidoscope-ish Script" to work. But I still can't get "beads_tt_for_GIMP_2.10(3)" and "cross_stitch_tt(4)" to work. And now i can see the tap "Python-fu".
It started working with the first 2 AFTER I added them to the Python console folder and It still works after I removed them again.
I have all 4 scripts in the same folders. both in the plug-ins folder and scripts folder. But I can only see 2 of them ?
I'm also having problems with the beads_tt_for_GIMP_2.10(3) script. I have saved it to several different folders and yet cannot find it in any menu or through searching in either the script or plugins consoles. I've saved it in these folders by looking in the preferences>folders section or by reading other comments:
C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts
C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

I've used GIMP for a while now but this is the first time I've tried to install a new plug-in so I'm sure I'm just overlooking something simple. Can someone please help? I've unintalled and reinstalled the full GIMP program already as I saw that helped someone else on another board but that hasn't solved it for me yet.

I'm using GIMP 2.10 on a WIN 10 64-bit machine.

Thank you
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#14 by tim » 31 Jan 2019, 15:48

It should just show up under top menu Python-Fu menu.
Don't put it under scripts put it under plug-ins folder.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

GIMPER
Tutorial Creator

Post#15 by GIMPER » 02 Jun 2019, 16:47

Gmic-.PNG
Gmic-.PNG (70.67 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
I have posted Gmic for 2.10.10 in my folders then closed gimp, opened again but no Gmic to be found in the program

tim
GL Blogger

Post#16 by tim » 02 Jun 2019, 17:13

Try expanding the +Folders and then Plug-ins to specify where plug-ins are found.
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

No avatar
issydd
Newly Registered

Post#17 by issydd » 21 Jan 2020, 15:52

I'm trying to move the file in to the plug ins folder on gimp and it just isn't working? No error message it just doesn't move anything over.
Pretty sure I've extracted it correctly but I'm a complete tech phobe. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (148.15 KiB) Viewed 199 times
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#18 by tim » 21 Jan 2020, 23:14

You can't move it into where GIMP is showing you that folder you have to open another file explorer (like the one your have opened now) and navigate to that same folder (shown in GIMP) then you can move it over..that Preference folder location only displays where your plug-in folders so you know where to move it in to.
aka Tin

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP