2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Apply and Save/Load Preset Script for Layer Effects (Experimental)

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: Apply and Save/Load Preset Script for Bevel and Emboss (Experimental)

Post#11 by Krikor » 14 Dec 2018, 18:22

Dionísio wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 17:34
Tim, I had the same error but I managed to apply the plugin and make the preset this way:
If I change the parameters of the script, it shows the same bug Krikor had. In my tests, the error seems to be in the layer mode - it only crashes if the layer mode not on normal mode. Changing the others parameters don't seem to replicate the error.
I'm also using SamJ 2.10.6 portable version - couldn't make the Partha 2.10.8 work on my computer...
Tim, as reported by Dionísio, keeping the modes in Normal Mode, the script works. I was able to save and then load the created present.
I then manually changed the modes for Screen and Multiply.

It seems that the errors are somehow associated with the change of the Modes.

BTW, in what folder are the created presets stored?
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#12 by Krikor » 14 Dec 2018, 18:49

Tim, it seems the problem only occurs with Shadow Mode.

Changing only the Highlight Mode to Screen, and keeping Shadow Mode in Normal, the script works.
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Dionísio
Forum Member

Post#13 by Dionísio » 14 Dec 2018, 19:45

My presets were created in \Gimp-2.10.6_Portable-32bit-64bits\bin, as a .txt (bevel_and_emboss.txt)

tim
GL Blogger

Post#14 by tim » 14 Dec 2018, 21:39

Thanks for testing guys.
Since Krikor let me know that changing shadow mode produces the error, I was able to produce the error.
And it had nothing to do with the mode, but the color was GimpRGB, changing the color to a 3 item tuple (R,G,B) seemed to have fixed the error.
Please give version 3 (posted in 1st post) a try...
And let me know if it's useful enough to apply this same idea to other layer effects.
In version 3, I have also defaulted highlightmode to SCREEN and shadowmode to DIVIDE as those are defaults for bevel and emboss.
PS. I think the script just writes bevel_and_emboss.txt to whichever active folder you execute GIMP from.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#15 by Krikor » 14 Dec 2018, 22:57

tim wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 21:39
Thanks for testing guys.
[...]
Please give version 3 (posted in 1st post) a try...
And let me know if it's useful enough to apply this same idea to other layer effects.
In version 3, I have also defaulted highlightmode to SCREEN and shadowmode to DIVIDE as those are defaults for bevel and emboss.
PS. I think the script just writes bevel_and_emboss.txt to whichever active folder you execute GIMP from.
Tim, at least for me, the default is Screen and Multiply (and not Divide). ;)

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#16 by Krikor » 14 Dec 2018, 23:18

Results using version 3:

If in Shadow-Mode I select Multiply, it still gives the same error as before.

If I leave in Shadow-Mode as Divide, the script works, but ...:

01) The layer that should be in the Screen (Highlight Mode) mode appears as Multiply mode.

02) The layer that should be in Divide mode (Shadow-Mode), appears as Value (HSV) (I)

Always in Legacy format.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#17 by tim » 14 Dec 2018, 23:22

try version 4.
It only calls the layerfx bevel and emboss it doesn't makes any changes regarding the Legacy issue.
I don't know how to change the original script to deal with new layer modes.

I wonder if it's just a matter of allowing use to choose the new layer modes and calling bevel and emboss would just work then that would be easy to do I am gonna go try and test and see what happens.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#18 by Krikor » 14 Dec 2018, 23:37

tim wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 23:22
try version 4.
It only calls the layerfx bevel and emboss it doesn't makes any changes regarding the Legacy issue.
I don't know how to change the original script to deal with new layer modes.
Seems ok now Tim !! :gimp_clap: :thumbsup:

Dionísio
Forum Member

Post#19 by Dionísio » 14 Dec 2018, 23:41

Working fine for me! The script is working even changing the layer mode and is making the presets just fine. :gimp:
I think it will be very cool to have this plugin for the others effects as well. Would it be possible, for example, to call multiple presets at the same time? (something like a bevel/emboss + outer glow)
Because them it would be possible to ''translate'' Photoshop's pre-made styles to GIMP and make them available as a new type of resource.

Dionísio
Forum Member

Post#20 by Dionísio » 14 Dec 2018, 23:53

My result. I think this plugin is very cool.

This was the preset generated:
woodeffect|(image,layer,1, 65.0, 1, 10.0, 0.0, 120.0, 30.0, 0, (255, 255, 255), 16, 75.0, (0, 0, 0), 3, 75.0, 0, False, 'Pine', 100.0, 100.0, False, False)
Attachments
Gimp-2.10.jpeg
Gimp-2.10.jpeg (88.33 KiB) Viewed 1289 times

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP