2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Apply and Save/Load Preset Script for Layer Effects (Experimental)

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
tim
GL Blogger

Re: Apply and Save/Load Preset Script for Bevel and Emboss (Experimental)

Post#21 by tim » 14 Dec 2018, 23:55

I can add the rest...but I don't think it'll be able to call more than 1...... as they would have to be built and there's a lot of possible combinations so i don't think we want to call bevel and emboss and inner shadow... you could always call bevel and emboss then call inner shadow.
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#22 by tim » 15 Dec 2018, 00:09

Okay I just tested with new layer modes and layerfx.py doesn't seem to like it. So i'll leave it as legacy modes.
Now I'll add the rest of other layer effects in for this script.
This might take me a while though.
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#23 by Krikor » 15 Dec 2018, 04:19

GIMP Error
Plug-in crashed: "layerfx_presets.py"
(C:\Users\...\plug-ins\layerfx_presets.py)

The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side.
----------------------------------------------------------------//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The plugin was working fine, I was doing some testing, creating presets, saving and then loading in the same and other images.

Until it suddenly stopped working and displays this error message.

I've rebooted the Gimp some 3 or 4 times. Already replaces the layerfx_presets.py file with a new copy. But he's still making that mistake.

Now it's late, I'll be back tomorrow and see if the problem just as it came out of nowhere, it also comes out of nowhere. :off_to_bed_purple:
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#24 by Krikor » 15 Dec 2018, 15:09

Krikor wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 04:19
GIMP Error

The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side.
----------------------------------------------------------------//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The layerfx_presents plugin after yesterday's error simply doesn't appear in the expected menu.
I've restarted Gimp several times.
I already changed the file for the original, which came in .zip
I tried to use the Preferences folder (C: \ Users \ ... \ 64bit \ Preferences \ plugins), rather than the folder I had been using before (C: \ Users \ ... \ 64bit \ lib \ gimp \ 2.0 \ plugins). *Then I returned to this one again.

Even Windows has restarted.

But nothing made the layerfx_presets plugin retune to appear on the menu as it should. :?

The way Samj is expected to launch Portable 2.10.9.
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Dionísio
Forum Member

Post#25 by Dionísio » 15 Dec 2018, 15:38

tim wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 23:55
I can add the rest...but I don't think it'll be able to call more than 1...... as they would have to be built and there's a lot of possible combinations so i don't think we want to call bevel and emboss and inner shadow... you could always call bevel and emboss then call inner shadow.
I see. I meant it in the way of some styles you can download for Photoshop, that apply various parameters to create a specific kind of look - example, a chocolate style that uses a combination of emboss + drop shadow + inner glow.
So I had thought it would go like this: The "chocolate" preset would call one by one of the effects and apply them on the active layer; I however don't even know if this is possible. I am studying your plugin tutorial and enjoying it a lot; to see if perhaps I can help in making these too.

Dionísio
Forum Member

Post#26 by Dionísio » 15 Dec 2018, 15:42

Krikor wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 15:09
Krikor wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 04:19
GIMP Error

The layerfx_presents plugin after yesterday's error simply doesn't appear in the expected menu.
I've restarted Gimp several times.
I already changed the file for the original, which came in .zip
[...]
Is the plugin on it's own folder? I had this error because it seems some plugins need to go directly on the plugins folder and others on it's own folder inside the plugins one. In this case, I would try creating a folder, renaming it "layerfx_presets", put the .py inside it and them throw it in Preferences/plugins

tim
GL Blogger

Post#27 by tim » 15 Dec 2018, 19:30

Okay guys, took me hours but finally finished adding all layer effects (see version 5).
Note: For Inner glow and outer glow, using Color works, using Gradient fails to be called from script for some reason.
Similarly with Stroke as well, using Color works, using Gradient or Pattern fails to be called from script.
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#28 by Krikor » 16 Dec 2018, 03:10

Dionísio wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 15:42
Is the plugin on it's own folder? I had this error because it seems some plugins need to go directly on the plugins folder and others on it's own folder inside the plugins one. In this case, I would try creating a folder, renaming it "layerfx_presets", put the .py inside it and them throw it in Preferences/plugins
Hi Dionísio, I tried this option too, but it didn't help.
As I said, the plugin worked, the folder was ok, after the crash is that the plugin disappeared from the menu.
I think I would have to back up my scripts, plugins, brushes, etc, and reinstall the Samj portable.
I think the crash might have corrupted something in my Gimp. :fb_sad:

But nothing that cann't be solved.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#29 by Krikor » 16 Dec 2018, 03:16

Hey Tim, this layerfx_presets plugin will be super useful! Just thinking about the time savings that you get, and even the exchange of presets that may be possible in the future.
Apparently, the plugin is quite large, it must have taken work.
Many thanks, Tim, you are always ready to help everyone! :thank_you:

Dionísio
Forum Member

Post#30 by Dionísio » 16 Dec 2018, 15:33

I going to run some tests on the plugin, too. I'm not sure, but maybe the error in the gradients/pattern options could be they are stored and named by the user, and the plugin don't know from where to call them.

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic