2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Bring-in Animation Plug-in

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
tim
GL Blogger

Bring-in Animation Plug-in

Post#1 by tim » 10 Jul 2019, 17:45

I got this idea from internet-marketing videos how they do white-board sketches and sometimes they do "bring-in animations" where they have a hand to bring in a cut out.
bring_in_animation.py
(6.26 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
bring_in_animation.py
version 2. Fixed major bug, it would always use active path, instead of using the actual bring-in path selected by user. Fixed it so that it would use the bring-in path properly.
(6.36 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Plug-in Menu location: Python-Fu/Bring in Animation...

Instructions:
  1. Have a background layer, and a layer of piece that you want to bring-in animation (with piece at ending animcation location).
  2. Open as layer an image of a hand with finger tips or pen tip or whatever you want.
  3. Draw a vector with first point indicating where the finger tips or pen tip is and name it something like "pen vector" or "finger vector" so you know which vector it is.
  4. On a different vector layer draw a vector indicating where you want bring-in piece from name this something like "my piece bringin vector"
  5. Select the piece layer from step 1 to make it active since this is what we want to animate.
  6. Run plug-in, choose bringin vector from step 4, choose YES to draw hand, choose hand layer, choose pen/finger vector then OK to run.
  7. You can repeat this process multiple times to create multi animation clips and join them in a series to make a complex piece like example result below.
Optionally, you can view the following video to see me set up data and use the plug-in for bringing in 2 pieces as two separate animations;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJSH0Z3Ods

bring-in-animation-sample-result.gif
bring-in-animation-sample-result.gif (626.29 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
To animate empty hand going to get the other shape just pretend like you're moving a piece from end point of first piece to start point of 2nd piece but make the active layer transparent/blank that way you'r ejust moving a blank layer around which looks like the hand is just moving by itself.
To animate empty hand going to get the other shape just pretend like you're moving a piece from end point of first piece to start point of 2nd piece but make the active layer transparent/blank that way you'r ejust moving a blank layer around which looks like the hand is just moving by itself.
bringin-animation-animate-empty-hand-going-to-get-2nd-cutout.gif (485.53 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#2 by Issabella » 10 Jul 2019, 20:18

Thank you so much Tim, It works great and it has been fun for me. :gimp_clap:
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#3 by Issabella » 10 Jul 2019, 20:22

Thank you so much Tim, It works great and it has been fun for me. :gimp_clap:
Attachments
ThanksTim.gif
ThanksTim.gif (5.97 MiB) Viewed 2183 times
Last edited by Issabella on 11 Jul 2019, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#4 by tim » 10 Jul 2019, 20:32

Sorry just updated version 2 which fixes major bug (which didn't properly use bring-in vector). Now version 2 does it properly
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#5 by tim » 10 Jul 2019, 20:36

@Issabella , Looks like you forgot to export as animation (I see a still image).
aka Tin

nidhogg
Forum Member

Post#6 by nidhogg » 10 Jul 2019, 20:55

My excuse is that I was possessed by evil spirit.
Ouija.gif
Ouija.gif (764.88 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#7 by tim » 11 Jul 2019, 01:09

Depending on if you're joining your animations or not there's a frame (last frame) that has no hand to show the art. .. .if you're continuing with another animation you might want to delete that frame so that the hand doesn't disappear when the next clip starts.
output_B3CYcO.gif
output_B3CYcO.gif (633.33 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
aka Tin

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP