This plug-in spawned from Issabella's request for other shapes. So this allows you to use any shape of your choice (just have to have a shape defined with transparency on a layer in a differrent image).
Plug-in Menu Location: Python-Fu/Abstract 7 Custom Shapes...
1. Open your source image of colors you want to use and a custom shape opened in another image.
2. Set Mode to indexed and choose number of colors to have/reduce to.
3. Run plug-in on source image, then for input select the layer that has your shape (with transparency) as layer input.
4. Select Merge down or not (if you don't merge down you'll have separate layers to manipulate if you wish).
5. Hit OK to run plug-in that's it.
input image converted to 48 colors indexed mode
abstract-7-custom-shapes-input-image-converted-to-48-colors.png (1 MiB) Viewed 392 times
used this as shape layer
snowman_silhouette.png (7.03 KiB) Viewed 392 times
abstract-7-custom-shapes-output.png (142.28 KiB) Viewed 392 times
output result with background manually added.
abstract-7-custom-shapes-output-with-background-added.png (180.1 KiB) Viewed 392 times