2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Update to Version 1.21 for Custom Font Layer Utilities

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Update to Version 1.21 for Custom Font Layer Utilities

Post#1 by skinnyhouse » 22 Mar 2020, 15:22

Custom_Font_Layer_Utilities_v121.py
(40.38 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
You may find yourself, as I did, in this situation and so to make life a little easier I added a new option to remove all layers from one copy of a custom font (that has kerning path information) so that I could load the layers from the custom font without kerning paths before re-saving.

To make this clearer:

1. Check that the two versions of the custom font image have the same dimensions i.e. the same width and height so that you know that the kerning paths will actually work as expected.

2. Open the donor font with the kerning paths and remove all the existing layers using the new option from Custom Font Layer Utils version 1.21 from Filters>>Custom Font Tools>>Custom Font Layer Utils v1.21...

3. From the File menu click on Open as Layers (Ctrl+Alt+O) and navigate to the recipient font (that has no kerning paths) and click on ‘Open’ in the dialog.

4. When this quick process is finished save the file using the recipient font name (not the donor font name that will be automatically inserted by the Gimp). You can check first that all is well by examining the image properties dialog from Image>>Image Properties(Alt+Return) to see that the number of layers and paths is as it should be.

The new option highlighted in red below:
dialog_121.jpg
dialog_121.jpg (80.18 KiB) Viewed 988 times

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#2 by Issabella » 22 Mar 2020, 20:32

Thanks Skinnyhouse for your constant help to create easily new attractive custom fonts. Also, the hours invested to get the right results and get the aim. :gimp_clap: :thank_you:
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP