2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Custom Font Paths to Layers for Gimp 2.10: Release 0.04

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Custom Font Paths to Layers for Gimp 2.10: Release 0.04

Post#1 by skinnyhouse » Yesterday, 11:47

Custom_Font_Paths_To_Layers_v004.py #
(24.39 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
I have a number of tools for using paths with Custom Fonts but I find this one very useful for stroking character paths multiple times and with different brushes. This update adds an option to make the current brush track the direction of the path - a feature that should be possible with dynamics but doesn't seem to work when applied to path stroking in code. This option is based on the code illustrated by Tim (I have the link somewhere)

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15959

on GimpChat that uses a function from an Ofnuts plug-in.
dialog004_defaults_new_option.jpg
dialog004_defaults_new_option.jpg # (55.61 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
At it's most basic level the filter can stroke character paths - link to resources thread here:

https://gimplearn.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2115

These settings...
dialog004_line45.jpg
dialog004_line45.jpg # (67.71 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
...generated this character...
O_Character_Line45.png
O_Character_Line45.png # (12.42 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

Changing the settings to the ones below (without the tracking option) and selecting a ladybird brush...

dialog004_brush45_No_Tracking.jpg
dialog004_brush45_No_Tracking.jpg # (55.56 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

produced this result:
O_Character_Brush_No_Tracking.png
O_Character_Brush_No_Tracking.png # (51.68 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

The following settings, with the tracking option enabled, and setting the option to remove character paths if this will be the final version of the character...

dialog004_brush45_Tracking.jpg
dialog004_brush45_Tracking.jpg # (54.85 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

... produced a better outcome:

O_Character_Brush_Tracking.png
O_Character_Brush_Tracking.png # (50.56 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

And finally an example from a recent custom font that used four different leaf brushes with random dynamics (tracking option off) and then the ladybird brush (tracking option on) with slightly closer spacing.
Ladybird_Font.png
Ladybird_Font.png # (92.86 KiB) Viewed 40 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

Have fun...

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#2 by Krikor » Yesterday, 20:23

Hi Skinnyhouse,

I just downloaded this 0.04 version and I'm already looking forward to checking it out!

Thanks for this great update!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#3 by Pat625 » Today, 00:04

Is there something wrong with my eyes, or is that a Ladybug not a ladybird?

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#4 by skinnyhouse » Today, 07:50

Pat:
Good one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Depends on your viewpoint - East or West of the Atlantic Ocean.

Resisted the impulse to name it Personbug - to be politically correct!

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#5 by skinnyhouse » Today, 07:52

Another example using two brushes made with free to use clipart from Creazilla...
cars.jpg
cars.jpg # (32.89 KiB) Viewed 6 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic