2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Clear Glass Brumbies Script for GIMP

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: Clear Glass Brumbies Script for GIMP

Post#21 by Krikor » 21 Feb 2020, 18:47

tim wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 13:20
I took me like 15 seconds or less to run with this sample file and result attached.
omg-glass-sample.xcfomg-glass-sample-result.png
Hi @tim , could you please check what is wrong with the image that I leave attached? It takes forever to run this script. :crysmiley:
With the image you provided I can also get a result in a few seconds, very fast.

How long can you run the script on this image that I leave attached?

What could be the reason for this slowness?
Thanks!
Attachments
KPhantLogo.png
Krikor - super slow image avec cette filter
KPhantLogo.png # (70.5 KiB) Viewed 7730 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#22 by enxio27 » 21 Feb 2020, 19:45

Krikor wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 18:47
Hi @tim , could you please check what is wrong with the image that I leave attached? It takes forever to run this script. :crysmiley:
With the image you provided I can also get a result in a few seconds, very fast.
Not Tim, but based on my own experience, I would say that you need to make the elephant/text black, with a white background.
GIMP Learn rocks...

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#23 by Krikor » 21 Feb 2020, 20:07

enxio27 wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 19:45
Not Tim, but based on my own experience, I would say that you need to make the elephant/text black, with a white background.
Hi @enxio27 , I read your post, and you were also slow. But you look like you had the text on a transparent layer. As you can see from this attached image, there is already the black elephant on a white background. So I think the problem is different.

Thank you for your help!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

CtrlAltDel
Forum Member

Post#24 by CtrlAltDel » 31 May 2021, 11:21

For anyone that may still be having problems with this script, try making your 2 images used the same size. I found an image of a desert scene and a horse clipart image. The horse image was much smaller than the desert scene image.

I ran the script with the two different sized images and it looked like it may not be done in 3 or 4 days, so I gave up after about 5 minutes.

After studying the examples Tim provided, I noticed that the horse he used as an example was small but was on a white background the same size as the landscape image he was using. After putting the horse clipart on a white background that was the same size as the desert scene image, the script ran smoothly and was done in about 2 minutes.

Thanks, Tim.

Images used:

Last edited by CtrlAltDel on 10 Jun 2021, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
GIMP Learn rocks...

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#25 by Krikor » 31 May 2021, 16:35

CtrlAltDel wrote:
31 May 2021, 11:21
For anyone that may still be having problems with this script, try making your 2 images used the same size. [...] After putting the horse clipart on a white background that was the same size as the desert scene image, the script ran smoothly and was done in about 2 minutes.
CtrlAltDel, I remember some of this episode. I know I eventually figured out a way around the problem and made the plugin work with the elephant image I posted.

But it was a different case than the one reported by you in the previous post (different size between images) or the one reported by Enxio27 (transparent background).

In any case a good result is also possible with Bevel Reflect Logo, although far from the expected if compared to this plugin.

I suggest you try it, I have left attached this elephant image so you can personally verify the experience I referred to.

Using Bevel Reflect Logo.
BRLphant.png
Krikor - Using BRL
BRLphant.png # (237.2 KiB) Viewed 698 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
Attachments
KPhantLogo.png
Krikor - Logo to test
KPhantLogo.png # (70.5 KiB) Viewed 699 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

CtrlAltDel
Forum Member

Post#26 by CtrlAltDel » 31 May 2021, 21:55

Not bad at all, Krikor. I never would have thought of trying just Bevel Reflect. I mean, it looks almost as good as the transparent glass script. It seems like there is almost always more than one way of getting something done in Gimp.

Thanks for the tip.
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic