2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Clear Glass Brumbies Script for GIMP

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
oldmangrumpy
Tutorial Creator

Re: Clear Glass Brumbies Script for GIMP

Post#11 by oldmangrumpy » 27 Feb 2017, 21:54

You can also play with the layers created by the script 8-)
Attachments
tin_glass_GL.png
tin_glass_GL.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 5399 times
Senior's moments are just part of a lifelong learning experience - never stop learning
OMG's: Downunder Art Thread | Gold Ring Addiction

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#12 by Pat625 » 01 Mar 2017, 06:12

I really love this script. It really helps my love of clear Glass! Thank you Tin and OMG!
Glass Text TinTran Script.jpg
Glass Text TinTran Script.jpg (441.99 KiB) Viewed 5371 times

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#13 by enxio27 » 04 Aug 2019, 21:59

This script seems to be taking a LOOOOOOONG time on plain black (solid, not outline) text over a white background. Text is "thank you" in 80-pt Bodoni MT Bold.

UPDATE: Going on three hours now. Progress bar is moving, but VERY slowly. I'm estimating it still has 15-20% to go.

UPDATE #2: UGGGHHHH!! STILL going! Apparently it must be on a different step now, because the progress meter is at the half-way mark now (instead of 80-85% as it was previously). I'm going to bed. I hope it will be finished by the time I wake up tomorrow.

UPDATE #3: STILL RUNNING, 17 hours later!! Making progress, but unbelievably slow! What could be the reason?
GIMP Learn rocks...

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#14 by enxio27 » 05 Aug 2019, 22:45

FINALLY, after more than 18 hours, it finished, but I was expecting "glass" letters on a white background. Instead, I got this:
test.jpg
test.jpg (12.35 KiB) Viewed 4979 times
Why?? What did I do wrong?
GIMP Learn rocks...

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#15 by Pat625 » 09 Aug 2019, 13:51

I just tried it on my computer with Windows 10, 64 bits, Gimp 2.10.12. I believe the last time I used it I was still on 2.8.22. I'll ask Tin to check it as not working for me either. I got the same result as you did but mine ran in 3 minutes.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#16 by tim » 10 Aug 2019, 13:20

The version for 2.8 runs fine for me in GIMP 2.10 (looks like GIMP current 2.10 recognizes all the GIMP 2.8 constants)
In any case, I uploaded a version (3) for GIMP 2.10 constants.
I took me like 15 seconds or less to run with this sample file and result attached.
omg-glass-sample.xcf
(766.49 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
omg-glass-sample-result.png
omg-glass-sample-result.png (693.93 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
Make sure you have Bevel reflect logo.scm installed and ML Bevel reflect installed (mentioned in Bevel reflect logo page).
I updated the link to the way back machine link to these scripts/plug-ins. And also don't forget to select gem clear.png as it needs that to create glass effect.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#17 by enxio27 » 10 Aug 2019, 23:22

tim wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 13:20
I took me like 15 seconds or less to run with this sample file and result attached.
I tried it with your sample, and I got the same result as you. I tried again with my text on white background, and it started the same take-forever stuff, so I stopped it and backed out of it. Is this happening because the text has to be an outline, not solid text?
Last edited by enxio27 on 11 Aug 2019, 00:18, edited 2 times in total.
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#18 by tim » 10 Aug 2019, 23:25

I am not sure but I would guess so.
Onl way to know for sure is try making the text an outline like select it shrink selection then fill with white and see if it runs fast then you knkow for sure. Otherwise it could just be the background.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#19 by enxio27 » 11 Aug 2019, 00:18

Nope, outline text isn't working, either. Getting the same results as solid text. Maybe the outline is too thick?
GIMP Learn rocks...

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#20 by enxio27 » 11 Aug 2019, 01:41

Oh, dear God, I feel stupid now. I finally figured out the problem. My text layer was black text only, not black text on white. I fixed that and it worked perfectly! Now I just need to figure out how to make an outline from a solid object. (My glass text came out really chunky-looking. They look more like letter-shaped glass blobs.)
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP