It is currently 31 May 2020, 22:37

The Lottery Forum - Lottery Generators
• Featuring Members' Works (Image Attachments) •
1: member
2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

The lottery forum section of gimplearn.net will be here for historical purposes, as we have
created a brand new stand-alone forum at https://gimplearn.net/thelotteryforum/.
Please try to register and post there instead

TLF Topics: Active | Unanswered | Random
TLF Posts: Unread | New | Random
Lottery Forum
     Lottery/General Program Requests | Lottery Generators | Lottery CodeSkulptor Programs
     General Programs
     🡆 Chit Chat
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares

Why can't you just link me directly to CS program without making a topic for it?

Chit Chat forum for TLF members
Forum rules
This forum is now locked.
Please visit The Lottery Forum (New)
homer
Forum Member

Why can't you just link me directly to CS program without making a topic for it?

Post#1 by homer » 19 Mar 2019, 23:12

🤨Couldn't you just link me to the CS program directly?
Why do you have to have a post for each CS program?
Last edited by homer on 20 Mar 2019, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#2 by tim » 19 Mar 2019, 23:18

I could just link you to the CS program directly...
But it's a good idea to have a post for the CS program to reside because then if there are versions that come from changes to the method or possible bugs... then we have documentation of the process and you can see all the versions on the same topic. Where if it's just a link, then I have to change that link and old version is lost.
It's good to have process documented so anyone interested in whichever version can have access to it.
It's for my own good too for example if version 1 of a program has a bug, but version 2 tries to fix that one bug but ends up introducing new bugs, then I can always look at version 1 and change that ... where if it's just one link to latest version I won't be able to go back and change from version 1.

Also with the CS program a link in the first post on its' own topic, people can talk about it (since they can't really discuss on the CS actual program page) and request changes for their own use which might create new versions which can then be added to first post. It's like the go-to spot for its own topic.
It makes sense in terms of navigation I think. Where if I just reply the request with a link, it could be the 2nd post or it could be later if I have questions about description of the method/system and we wouldn't want people having to scroll through the topic to find where the CS program is actually located.

I hope the above makes sense for you.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

homer
Forum Member

Post#3 by homer » 19 Mar 2019, 23:24

Oh... that makes sense.
Keep it up!

tim
GL Blogger

Post#4 by tim » 10 Apr 2019, 05:03

Now CS programs are shown on an iframe under GL forum so that we can still have the look and feel of GL.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

TLF Topics: Active | Unanswered | Random
TLF Posts: Unread | New | Random
Lottery Forum
     Lottery/General Program Requests | Lottery Generators | Lottery CodeSkulptor Programs
     General Programs
     🡆 Chit Chat
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares