2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | 🡆 Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

I saw this video and now i am super excited.

Anything, almost anything at all
(even advertisement if it's decent, spammers will be banned)
tim
GL Blogger

I saw this video and now i am super excited.

Post#1 by tim » 25 Aug 2019, 20:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BgPFIKCaOQ

Super excited to ground one of Japanese maple (currently in a pot about 5' tall).
But I asked phoned and asked my building manager, he isn't there right now, Gail (who's there) called me back and said she has to chat wih Andy (buliding manager) first (tomorrow) before she can give me a definite answer.

I am so excited right now to digg a hole, but I hope they OK it for me to make this wait worthwhile otherwise I am gonna be extremely disappointed.

Makes me wish I won the lottery to buy a large piece of land to grow our own forest.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#2 by tim » 25 Aug 2019, 20:55

kinda wished GL had tree smiley, too.
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

nidhogg
Forum Member

Post#3 by nidhogg » 26 Aug 2019, 15:16

That's 5 years old clip, but kinda current topic if you follow the insanity happening in Brazil. I'm afraid mini forests can't substitute the lungs of mother earth.
Fun fact. Bhutan is the only carbon negative country in world.

Good luck with your tree project! You should just go and plant it without permission.... :D
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#4 by tim » 26 Aug 2019, 16:00

I am tempted to do it without permission but we don't want to piss the building management off....
haheheh
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#5 by Krikor » 26 Aug 2019, 19:00

I even have some green in my backyard; two lemon trees, one guava tree, two other trees I don't know the name of, and I've planted two avocado seedlings that are ready to be transplanted from the pot to the earth. But that is far from 300 trees in a space where they park 6 cars. :blur_sharpen: :bucket_fill:
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

tim
GL Blogger

Post#6 by tim » 26 Aug 2019, 19:48

nice creative use of existing smilies.
Since we love trees so much
I added the following smilies (You can find them at very bottom of smilies' list).
:tree_01: :tree_02: :tree_03: :tree_04: :tree_06: :tree_07: :tree_08: :tree_09: :tree_10: :tree_11:
aka Tin

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#7 by Pat625 » 26 Aug 2019, 20:07

Tin, I found a few!
deciduous-tree_1f333[2].png
deciduous-tree_1f333[2].png (4.29 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
evergreen-tree_1f332[2].png
evergreen-tree_1f332[2].png (4.23 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
b7058a79cf0842455ecf0eb129fff021[1].gif
b7058a79cf0842455ecf0eb129fff021[1].gif (1.75 MiB) Viewed 3859 times
SimpleSpottedHarpyeagle-size_restricted[1].gif
SimpleSpottedHarpyeagle-size_restricted[1].gif (323.25 KiB) Viewed 3859 times

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#8 by Krikor » 26 Aug 2019, 21:22

tim wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 19:48
nice creative use of existing smilies.
Since we love trees so much
SmileTree thx Pat625
SmileTree thx Pat625
hugtree.gif (19.88 KiB) Viewed 3856 times
Tim, I remember you had started an experiment using a copper wire grounded in a potted plant. I don't remember where this post was posted.
Did you get any scientific results that copper wire could positively interfere with plant growth? Any information on that experience?

Nice gifs Pat625, thx! :tree_11: :mrgreen:
SmileTree02 Thx pat625
SmileTree02 Thx pat625
treeseasons2.gif (468.53 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

tim
GL Blogger

Post#9 by tim » 26 Aug 2019, 21:30

Krikor,
I switched their grounding and it seemed that one plant was growing faster than the other no matter if it's grounded or not so I stopped the experiment.
Also added :tree_12: (not animated) as the animated looked unclean (I just cleaned one frame of this).
If some oneone wants to clean up all frames of animation I can re-uploaded the animated version
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#10 by Krikor » 27 Aug 2019, 00:36

tim wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 21:30
Krikor,
I switched their grounding and it seemed that one plant was growing faster than the other no matter if it's grounded or not so I stopped the experiment.
Also added :tree_12: (not animated) as the animated looked unclean (I just cleaned one frame of this).
If some oneone wants to clean up all frames of animation I can re-uploaded the animated version
Ok, I had thought about this experiment. But if there was no influence on the grounding, there is nothing to investigate. Still it was an interesting theory.
Not 100% clean, but I think it cheats well.
SmileTreeCleanned
SmileTreeCleanned
hugtree02.gif (15.65 KiB) Viewed 3847 times

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | 🡆 Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP