It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 04:40

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | 🡆 Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Current Status of my Tree

Anything, almost anything at all
(even advertisement if it's decent, spammers will be banned)
tim
GL Blogger

Current Status of my Tree

Post#1 by tim » 13 Nov 2019, 00:11

or at least what I think it is:
tree status
tree status
tree.png (875.46 KiB) Viewed 225 times
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#2 by Krikor » 13 Nov 2019, 18:15

Tim, is that your apple tree?
For us here in the southern hemisphere this fall of leaves in the fall does not exist, and seeing such a naked tree is always something that seems wrong.
If I have any leafless plants of mine, that's not a good sign. Excess when we do pruning.

In the picture, my guava tree pruned to two weeks ago.
Attachments
Krikor - pruned guava
Krikor - pruned guava
Goiabeira.jpg (167.29 KiB) Viewed 193 times
All that is great is greater than all that is small.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#3 by tim » 13 Nov 2019, 21:07

It's a Japanese Maple tree that my aunt bought for us (1 of 2) that I planted in the ground earlier this year.
Your guava trees look huge...when i was little i loved eating hard guava (not quite ripe yet) with salt and hot pepper.
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#4 by Krikor » 13 Nov 2019, 21:22

tim wrote:
13 Nov 2019, 21:07
It's a Japanese Maple tree that my aunt bought for us (1 of 2) that I planted in the ground earlier this year.
Your guava trees look huge...when i was little i loved eating hard guava (not quite ripe yet) with salt and hot pepper.
:fb_wow:
With salt and red pepper !? :o
I like pepper, but I never dreamed of using it on guavas.
Was this a custom from Mexico or Japan? Or did you have this original idea?
I will definitely have to try it.

Between December and March, there should be many guavas in this guava. Most food will be eaten by birds.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#5 by tim » 13 Nov 2019, 22:25

Well I don't know where it came from but it's very popular in Vietnam, they use to sell it to school kids.

you take some salt like 1/2 a teaspoon or more I don't remember how much salt was used actually, and smash the hot pepper in with the salt so the the salt turns red from the hot pepper's juice ..then you can either dip or take some of that salt and spread it over the slice of guava...

I remember I used to dip into salt and chilli(hot pepper) each bite, or you can just spread the salt over the guava lightly with your finger.

I am drooling just thinking about it now.

We eat almost everything with salt. We even eat watermelon with salt too (no chilli).

And then when we came to Canada, my grandma used to slice up green peaches (still not ripe and hard). and toss them in thinned down fish sause, and chilly....oh so good.. I am so drooling right now.

Anything sour, we eat with salt.
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#6 by tim » 13 Nov 2019, 22:34

here you go, I didn't invent it. I just know it's good.
http://www.abrowntable.com/home/chili-a ... uava-bites
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#7 by Krikor » 14 Nov 2019, 04:50

I will definitely try it. I don't know how I feel about this experience, but as soon as the season starts and guavas are on sale, I will make a point of proving this combination.

Note: I commented here with some friends about this combination, and they were incredulous ...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | 🡆 Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP