oldmangrumpy
Pat625
oldmangrumpy
Pat625

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  🡆 Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Hello from the Lake District, Cumbria

Say hello and/or welcome new members
Share story of how you found us
Steve Reid
Script Coder
24th Place
172 Post(s)

Re: Hello from the Lake District, Cumbria

Post#11 by Steve Reid » 04 Dec 2021, 17:50

helenleech2000 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 12:13
Steve Reid wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 16:59
My interests include Gimp, photography, Gimp, hillwalking, Gimp, music, and did I mention I also like Gimp :roll: , looks like a fab website :)

Steve
Hello, Steve. I live in Culgaith (near Penrith) and am looking for one-to-one help with Gimp. I would pay handsomely! Is this is possibility?
Hello Helen and welcome to Gimp Learn :)

I'm afraid this is not possible as I care for someone 24/7 and so most of my time is taken, which is why I'm not active on Gimp Learn these days.

Even if I had the time I don't think I would be much help to you as I don't have a great in depth knowledge of Gimp, my interest lies in python scripting, and Gimp is one outlet for this

And as to payment, thank you for the offer but I could never accept payment for any help I gave

kind regards

steve
GIMP Learn rocks...

gimpturkey
Newly Registered
12th Place
990 Post(s)

Post#12 by gimpturkey » 04 Dec 2021, 20:48

wss.jpg
wss.jpg # (64.61 KiB) Viewed 411 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
GIMP Learn rocks...

helenleech2000
Forum Member
89th Place
4 Post(s)

Post#13 by helenleech2000 » 05 Dec 2021, 10:36

Thanks for the prompt response, I'm a carer myself so can empathise. Would you happen to know of any other Gimp people in Cumbria?
GIMP Learn rocks...

gimpturkey
Newly Registered
12th Place
990 Post(s)

Post#14 by gimpturkey » 05 Dec 2021, 10:40

helenleech2000 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 10:36
Thanks for the prompt response, I'm a carer myself so can empathise. Would you happen to know of any other Gimp people in Cumbria?
I can give you gimp lessons remotely.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_y3zE ... 3Zpp4YflYg
GIMP Learn rocks...

helenleech2000
Forum Member
89th Place
4 Post(s)

Post#15 by helenleech2000 » 05 Dec 2021, 13:09

That's really kind of you. You obviously know a lot. I've done a number of online Gimp courses and I've learnt a lot, but I'm a beginner trying to do some ambitious projects in Gimp, and I'm finding it frustrating. I need somebody to tell me what I'm doing wrong and what the best way is to do something. Is that something you could help with, if I shared my screen?
GIMP Learn rocks...

gimpturkey
Newly Registered
12th Place
990 Post(s)

Post#16 by gimpturkey » 05 Dec 2021, 13:22

helenleech2000 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 13:09
That's really kind of you. You obviously know a lot. I've done a number of online Gimp courses and I've learnt a lot, but I'm a beginner trying to do some ambitious projects in Gimp, and I'm finding it frustrating. I need somebody to tell me what I'm doing wrong and what the best way is to do something. Is that something you could help with, if I shared my screen?
You obviously know much better than me. I just posted it for you to see the work I've done.What do you mean by sharing your screen? What do you want support on?I am the fastest person to find information about gimp. I think I can help you. I've been dealing with gimp every day for 6 months.I taught gimp to a lady in Europe in 15 days.
https://gimpgraphic2021.blogspot.com/ my gifs
GIMP Learn rocks...

helenleech2000
Forum Member
89th Place
4 Post(s)

Post#17 by helenleech2000 » 05 Dec 2021, 14:00

Shall I PM you to continue the discussion? I'd really appreciate at least one session with you so that I can show you where I'm struggling. I'm a Windows user, so I was thinking about using Microsoft Quick Assist to share my screen, but I guess it depends what you use.
GIMP Learn rocks...

gimpturkey
Newly Registered
12th Place
990 Post(s)

Post#18 by gimpturkey » 05 Dec 2021, 16:01

helenleech2000 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 14:00
Shall I PM you to continue the discussion? I'd really appreciate at least one session with you so that I can show you where I'm struggling. I'm a Windows user, so I was thinking about using Microsoft Quick Assist to share my screen, but I guess it depends what you use.
I am at the computer at 10:00 and 22:00. Sometimes there are exceptions.
Last edited by gimpturkey on 09 Dec 2021, 15:42, edited 2 times in total.
GIMP Learn rocks...

Steve Reid
Script Coder
24th Place
172 Post(s)

Post#19 by Steve Reid » 07 Dec 2021, 10:08

helenleech2000 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 10:36
Thinking about this there is no one in the real world I know who uses gimp, sorry, but glad to see you have found someone who may be able to help you
GIMP Learn rocks...

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  🡆 Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic