2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | 🡆 GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Spherical Environment Map Sharing Topic

Resources used in GIMP that aren't Python Fu or Scheme Fu (files other than .py or .scm files)
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: Spherical Environment Map Sharing Topic

Post#71 by Krikor » 03 Nov 2020, 00:26

RJKD wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 16:03
Nice results Krikor, endless fun emaps.
RJKD, thanks for the words! I was super late for the party. It seems that everyone already has their stock of Sphericals Maps full. I just discovered how to create these spheres and I have mixed several techniques to see what results I get.
I agree with you, this new learning has been very pleasant.

Maybe, one of these days, I'll post a few more results than I have invented :-)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#72 by RJKD » 04 Nov 2020, 12:43

I found a lot at GimpChat, these by Erisian are particularly interesting...
Erisian Emaps.zip #
(4.26 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#73 by Krikor » 05 Nov 2020, 01:42

RJKD wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 12:43
I found a lot at GimpChat, these by Erisian are particularly interesting...
Erisian Emaps.zip
RJKD,
Wooww! :photosmiley:
Fantastic! Erisian did an incredible job! :gimp_clap:
I had already downloaded a sphericam Map from him; if i'm not mistaken it was you who drew attention when you used the art of a dragon - Erisian_Bleeding Alien. But the other Spheras I was not aware of.

I have made my spheres using either Map Object or Polar Coordinates, but I don't think they are the best option.

Now I saw a tutorial that shows another interesting way of making the spheres -> https://youtu.be/SA6h6z9JAc8

RJKD, thank you very much for indicating these spheres of Erisian, they are something totally different from what I had seen so far, I would say a modern concept, a very different way of creating Spherical Maps.
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#74 by Krikor » 09 Nov 2020, 19:03

I called 'Cover' to the map spheres that produce an action on the edges of the applied object, leaving part of its transparent interior.

A simple use is to create hollow text over images.
CoverSample1.png
Krikor - CoverEmaps Share
CoverSample1.png # (385.17 KiB) Viewed 849 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
Useful for combining with other emaps that will act more in the central region of the object.
CoverSample2.png
CoverSample2.png # (180.49 KiB) Viewed 849 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
Whether applied in the Normal mode of the layers or applying some adjustments in these modes, the results can be different.
CoverSample3.png
CoverSample3.png # (520.85 KiB) Viewed 849 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
PackWallaceCover.png
Krikor - CoverEmaps Share zip
PackWallaceCover.png # (116.07 KiB) Viewed 849 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
In the .zip a pack of some Covers and SpheresMaps that I share.
Attachments
PackWallaceCover.zip #
Krikor - Pack cover spheres maps
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 30 times

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#75 by skinnyhouse » 08 Jan 2021, 16:26

I have gathered a collection of emaps in three files that I use as randomized highlights with custom fonts. They are in xcf format but can be converted to single png format by exporting individual layers if required.

They are intended to be used with decorated custom fonts with one of the 'desaturate emap' options applied by the Custom Font Bevel Reflect filter.

Some examples can be seen below. The orginal layer is the top left-hand item - and the labels refer to the emap layer names within each file. The emaps can probably be scaled down in size for custom font requirements if you prefer.

Custom_Font_Emaps.7z #
(15.04 MiB) Downloaded 14 times

The compressed file contains three sets of emaps for you to play with:

A light shiny highlights set:

LightShinyEmapResults.png
LightShinyEmapResults.png # (379.64 KiB) Viewed 383 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)

A dark shiny highlights set:

DarkShinyEmapResults.png
DarkShinyEmapResults.png # (401.82 KiB) Viewed 383 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)

A shiny mid-grey highlights set:

ShinyMidGreyEmapResults.png
ShinyMidGreyEmapResults.png # (596.14 KiB) Viewed 383 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#76 by Krikor » 08 Jan 2021, 17:17

Skin,
Thank you for sharing them!

Wallace
Global Moderator

Post#77 by Wallace » 09 Jan 2021, 08:48

Pack_Wallace_Cover_test.png
Pack_Wallace_Cover_test.png # (225.3 KiB) Viewed 355 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)
@Krikor :2_Thumbs:

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | 🡆 GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic