2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | 🡆 GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Custom Path Characters

Resources used in GIMP that aren't Python Fu or Scheme Fu (files other than .py or .scm files)
skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Re: Custom Path Characters

Post#11 by skinnyhouse » 21 Feb 2019, 14:16

Works4Me.jpg
Works4Me.jpg # (84.96 KiB) Viewed 5269 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#12 by Issabella » 21 Feb 2019, 15:37

Thanks Blighty and Skinnyhouse for your help. It seems that it was my fault because when opening the font paths, I had it with the eye layers closed, so the plugin didn't recognize the option. I'm sorry about that.
It worked it great as it was hoped to do. :thank_you:
Attachments
Thanks.JPG
Thanks.JPG # (59.96 KiB) Viewed 5267 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#13 by Pat625 » 21 Feb 2019, 21:43

Very nice Issabella!

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#14 by skinnyhouse » 28 Feb 2019, 09:03

Champignon_Style_paths.xcf #
(441.72 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
I have been experimenting with the Fade length option in the Paintbrush Tool dock to help paint long flowing characters - like the ones produced by this type of font. Settings shown in the download.
Champignon_Example.jpg
Champignon_Example.jpg # (60.72 KiB) Viewed 5244 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#15 by skinnyhouse » 04 Mar 2019, 13:19

Champignon_Kerning_Paths.xcf #
(54.36 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Champignon_Style_paths.xcf #
(493.61 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Here are two files that you may find of use: The first provides a set of kerning paths for the Champignon style custom font and the second one is a file that contains a set of updated character paths (three more characters) and that also includes the kerning paths.

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#16 by skinnyhouse » 06 May 2020, 14:26

Been a while since any resources came here but with the new filter (Custom Font Single Path Stroker) came some new character path files. They are compatible with the original plug-in as long as they have the character followed by char - as in "a char" etc.

Clipit_Style.xcf #
(40.42 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Clip_It_Style.jpg
Clip_It_Style.jpg # (87.55 KiB) Viewed 3796 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#17 by skinnyhouse » 06 May 2020, 15:23

Eight_One_Style.xcf #
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Eight_One_Style.jpg
Eight_One_Style.jpg # (78.17 KiB) Viewed 3794 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#18 by skinnyhouse » 06 May 2020, 15:25

ParmaPetit_Style.xcf #
(60.32 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Parma_Petit_Style.jpg
Parma_Petit_Style.jpg # (93.6 KiB) Viewed 3794 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#19 by skinnyhouse » 06 May 2020, 15:36

Bolonewt_Style.xcf #
(23.76 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Bolonewt_Style.jpg
Bolonewt_Style.jpg # (72.94 KiB) Viewed 3793 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)

Tom
Forum Member

Post#20 by Tom » 06 May 2020, 22:14

Blighty wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 08:08
Issabella wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 21:30
I did a font quite thin so that the paths weren't too thick
Hi Issabella
I suspect you did a Text To Path which gave you paths like the one on the left in the image below. That will work, but what you actually need is a path like the one on the right.

Inkscape does not do centre-line tracing, so can't be used. I don't know of a utility that does centre-line tracing, maybe someone here can recommend one. That would produce something like I did for the Hershey Text and can be imported into Gimp as paths.

As for characters that are not on your key-board (like the heart) - just delete them in the paths dialogue.
There is a plugin called Trace, it will do the outline or the centerline. I used it for Tims paint paths in step.
Here is the link to it on Gimp Chat.http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17485#p240521

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | 🡆 GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic