It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 20:34

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

GIMP/GL QuestionsMyPaint Brushes?

GIMP or GIMP LEARN forum related Questions
enxio27

Forum Member

MyPaint Brushes?

Post#1 by enxio27 » 08 Aug 2019, 15:06

Do the MyPaint brushes actually work in GIMP 2.10.12? I can select them, but when I try to use them, the cursor moves around (very slowly) but nothing appears. I've tried using several different brushes, using black foreground color on a white background. I've tried increasing the hardness (all the way up to 1.00), to no avail. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
0 x

Pat625
Tutorial Creator

Post#2 by Pat625 » 09 Aug 2019, 02:12

I will have to research this as much as you. I found the MyPaint in the dockable Dialogs and it was put in the right upper where the reg. brushes, Patterns, gradients are.The My Paint tool is then in the toolbox next to the Ink tool. However when I try to use a brush, I do not get anything like the small swatches look like in the My Paint tiles. I also need information.

I did find a bit more information here: :2_Thumbs:
https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tool ... brush.html
0 x

enxio27

Forum Member

Post#3 by enxio27 » 09 Aug 2019, 03:27

Thanks, Pat. I saw that page, too, which is why I tried increasing the hardness. I've done an online search on "MyPaint" and "GIMP" but didn't find anything useful.
0 x

Archie
Forum Member

Post#4 by Archie » 09 Aug 2019, 07:11

Hi. My advice is to keep trying brushes. I had the same experience as you two the first time I used the Mypaint tool. Some of the brushes are for blending and other effects. Also, the effects from some of the brushes can be hard to see. Try the calligraphy or charcoal brushes to see if this helps. Both of those produce a visible effect. I'm using 2.10.13. So, it's possible it was something that was fixed.
0 x

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP