2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Change default for Colorize?

GIMP or GIMP LEARN forum related Questions
enxio27
Forum Member

Change default for Colorize?

Post#1 by enxio27 » 02 Dec 2019, 05:09

Is there a way to make the Colorize tool default to the foreground color or the last color used instead of the aqua color it defaults to now?
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#2 by tim » 02 Dec 2019, 05:52

Not that I know of, but you're only 3 clicks away from it.
After clicking Colorize, click on the Color to change it, then click eyedropper (from the color select window) and click on foreground color and you have it.
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#3 by Krikor » 02 Dec 2019, 06:08

In addition to the option given by Tim, you could create a preset with the desired color, or use the last preset used if it is the color you want.
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

tim
GL Blogger

Post#4 by tim » 02 Dec 2019, 06:13

Or another option is after clicking Colorize, Drag the foreground color and drop it onto the colorize window's color...it'll change the colorize color to the foreground color,.
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#5 by enxio27 » 02 Dec 2019, 22:59

tim wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 05:52
Not that I know of, but you're only 3 clicks away from it.
After clicking Colorize, click on the Color to change it, then click eyedropper (from the color select window) and click on foreground color and you have it.
That's all well and good, but if I have multiple items to colorize, it's a HUGE hassle. I wish the developers wouldn't hard-wire stuff like this into the code. And if I want to adjust the color a bit after clicking OK, reopening the Colorize tool dumps me back at the default color again. Not acceptable behavior.
GIMP Learn rocks...

enxio27
Forum Member

Post#6 by enxio27 » 02 Dec 2019, 23:05

Krikor wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 06:08
In addition to the option given by Tim, you could create a preset with the desired color, or use the last preset used if it is the color you want.
I'll try that, but it still annoys and frustrates me that I can't make the tool use the foreground color as the default, instead of the hard-wired aqua color.
GIMP Learn rocks...

tim
GL Blogger

Post#7 by tim » 03 Dec 2019, 03:01

@enxio27 , Please see Foreground color colorize plug-in
I think you'll like it.
aka Tin

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | 🡆 Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP