It is currently 26 Feb 2020, 13:12

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | 🡆 GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Obama Hope Poster Efforts

Photos edited using GIMP
Wallace
Global Moderator

Re: Obama Hope Poster Efforts

Post#11 by Wallace » 28 Feb 2018, 19:08

tim wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 16:28
Thanks Wallace.
:thumbsup:

tim
GL Blogger

Post#12 by tim » 28 Feb 2018, 21:47

Trying a hybrid of obama poster effect and double exposure original on top at 50%, then adjusted (bumped up) contrast.
obama poster effect, double exposed exposure, then high contrast it
obama poster effect, double exposed exposure, then high contrast it
obama_poster_double_exp_contrasty.png (668.21 KiB) Viewed 818 times
aka Tin
:tree_02:
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Lottery numbers from image | Interested Members in TLF
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

Espermaschine
GIMP Blogger

Post#13 by Espermaschine » 28 Feb 2018, 23:12

Wow Tim !

This is great !

tim
GL Blogger

Post#14 by tim » 28 Feb 2018, 23:14

Thanks Esper, means a lot coming from you who's a big fan of the Shepard Fairey's style.
aka Tin
Tin's: Favorite Index | Simple Art === fb4yt video search | fb4yt recent video views report
Paying for hosting is to support my hobby, and donating money made from ads to The Red Cross.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#15 by tim » 28 Feb 2018, 23:54

my lame color scheme...hehe
obama_different_color.png
obama_different_color.png (94.46 KiB) Viewed 867 times
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#16 by tim » 01 Mar 2018, 00:00

here's the .xcf before it's decorated (I didn't save a decorated version), just in case if people want to fiddle around with colors.
for the alternating line pattern, i just draw a 4x4 pixel image with alternateline of the two brightest colors and pattern fill.
myprofile.xcf
(312.7 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
This was the source image btw:
aka Tin

tim
GL Blogger

Post#17 by tim » 01 Mar 2018, 00:28

Trying out some color schemes from blog that Esper mentioned here
obama_king_color_scheme.png
obama_king_color_scheme.png (108.33 KiB) Viewed 854 times
aka Tin

Espermaschine
GIMP Blogger

Post#18 by Espermaschine » 01 Mar 2018, 06:05

@tim : so how did you trace the threshholded image ? with a mouse ? did you use the Paintbrush with the smooth stroke option ?

im currently giving it another go with my tablet, trying to find a good balance between Quality and Weight values

tim
GL Blogger

Post#19 by tim » 01 Mar 2018, 06:33

I just did with a mouse, and use the free select tool and clicking points while zoomed in. I don't know about the Paintbrush with smooth stroke option.
If the threshold has many smaller shapes, i try to see the shape that groups the smaller shapes such that all the smaller shapes inside my shape is 50% or higher then it's part of my shape, if it's further apart i just don't include it in my shape.
aka Tin

Espermaschine
GIMP Blogger

Post#20 by Espermaschine » 01 Mar 2018, 07:46

Free select tool, eh ?
I just had another frustrating encounter with my tablet. Its too slippery...i cant draw the lines i want to, even with the smooth stroke option on (quality 100, Weight 18 seemed like a good value). Tried with a piece of paper between the stylus and the tablet, which is slightly better, but still....

The thing with the lasso tool is, you could just as well use the Paths Tool. That has the advantage that you can tweak it and make nicer bezier curves.
Its even better in Inkscape.

I still think that drawing with the paintbrush should be the best option, if i could master that damn tablet.

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | 🡆 GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP