2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  🡆 GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Fancy Stripes, a design that catches your attention (guide in pdf)

Artworks created/edited using GIMP
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: Fancy Stripes, a design that catches your attention (guide in pdf)

Post#21 by Krikor » 19 Feb 2021, 20:21

Excellent results posted here. Among those shown by RJKD I liked the first one better, and Ella's butterfly was excellent!

Issa, I managed to follow your tutorial and while reading and executing it I had some ideas of how I could try to diversify this technique.

The use of the Envirologo plugin immediately came to mind. I believe that the result would be very similar to that obtained on the horse that you exhibited in post #1.

Unfortunately my Envirologo doesn't reproduce the expected results. Even following exactly the same settings that Gnutux (I think this is his nickname, I don't remember for sure) uses it in his examples on Gimpchat. :fb_sad:

So I thought of other ways, and one of them was using BRL.
It was just a different way and trying to skip the steps that require more patience and trying a different technique.

Basically the process is the same from the tutorial to the third step. Although I didn't use Pattern> Grid to create the striped pattern, instead I preferred to use guides.

In the fourth step I used the Extract objects plugin / script, making each strip on its own layer.
Then I used the Custom Font Layer Utils plug-in v1.24 to rename these layers.

So, I used the Custom Font Bevel Reflect 1.6 V1.06 plug-in to apply BLR to all layers using a .XCF with 16 emaps that were used at random.

The fifth step also used the Contour layer at once - Alpha for selection and used the Bevel Reflect Logo plug-in to create a contour in one run.

In the image below the result was not as expected. :roll:
Perhaps because I used an improper selection of emaps or because I configured the plug-in wrong, I am not sure, I will have to try again.
StripesHorse.png
Krikor - Fancy Stripes -Tuto by Issabella
StripesHorse.png # (610.51 KiB) Viewed 289 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)

Issa, thanks for the tutorial! :thumbsup:
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#22 by Krikor » 19 Feb 2021, 21:10

In this one, after creating the striped pattern I used BRL.
Attachments
StripesBird.png
Krikor - Fancy Stripes -Tuto by Issabella - Bird
StripesBird.png # (881.84 KiB) Viewed 289 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile)
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

mahvin
Forum Member

Post#23 by mahvin » 25 Feb 2021, 21:59

I recommend that after you create the initial wave design, that you save it as a path and then export it as an svg file, to use later with other projects. You can always transform the svg or rotate it to change the orientation of the design.
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  🡆 GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic